A player does not become a bad player overnight...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beckford just doesnt look good enough, and it would want to be a good striker which i dont think we will get for the price of johnny h. (so wanted him to be the new carsley)

Beckford just doesnt look good enough, and it would want to be a good striker which i dont think we will get for the price of johnny h. (so wanted him to be the new carsley)

He's a better player than Carsley by far...but his heads not 100% right after the World Cup. He's good enough to play in the Champs League and probably wants that...which I can see a few of our players doing at the end of the season.

I still think he's not playing as bad as what everyone else is making out. He shields the back 4 well and allows Arteta freedom, which is a big thing towards how we keep possession. And its not his fault for most of the goals conceeded this season...Maybe the Wolves one but I thought that was a foul

And yeah, for a good striker you're talking £10million+ so you're talking more than one leaving to drum up that cash.

Not 100% he wanted to come here, but surely the best way out is to show what you can do. He doesnt appear to be trying to hard, but you never know what comes next.

Not 100% he wanted to come here, but surely the best way out is to show what you can do. He doesnt appear to be trying to hard, but you never know what comes next.

Think he's been fine, he was commited against Arsenal, more so than most of the team with even Neville coming out and saying we couldnt rough them up as usual. And Im sure Pienaar didnt want to come to us 100% either so I dont think "wanting" to play for Everton is a big factor...we'd be signing Jeffers and Neugent up again if that were the case.

Sometimes its clouded by the fact he said he'd "like" to play for Bayern if they were interested, which I think most players would say if asked "would you like to play for Bayern?" - Even Fellaini's arle man says his son should be playing for a "bigger club". Im sure Arteta has been "flattered" by Arsenal interest at some point etc...it doesnt really mean anything.

We were unbeaten in 6 or 7 games with him playing in the holding role. Its always been what happens up front so far this season rather than the midfield...The midfield have all been fine minus a couple of poor games (Newcastle, Arsenal).

He goes, he goes...but its tiring that every season we're chopping and changing. Peaked at the FA Cup final 2 seasons ago and gone backwards from there. Players are starting to get unhappy.

Tim Cahill was asked before the cup final would he sign for barcelona his answer was "sure i would think about it but i would think about it very carefully". Johnnys answer wouldve been "have you the contract there ?"

Tim Cahill was asked before the cup final would he sign for barcelona his answer was "sure i would think about it but i would think about it very carefully". Johnnys answer wouldve been "have you the contract there ?"

LOL

Im sure every other player for us would give the same answer Johnny would give. Cahill didnt exactly say "no, I'll stay at Everton" hehe BURN HIM!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back