A Trend With Every New Rafael Signing

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were a load of interviews with Townsend in the first few months were they kept asking him 'do you know how big of a club Everton is?' etc. Nauseating.

I know the Benitez era at Everton, will do that to you like! Everton hire a former kopite manager, who once called us a small club sigh.

Then said kopite manager, drives all our good players out of the club sigh.

The football is crap sigh. We're in the bottom six sigh. The Benitez era at Everton, is full of reasons to to say sigh tbh.lol

Yep. I’d like to see honesty.

‘The club is clearly on a downward trajectory and the fans have low expectations of myself and the team, which will save me having to pull my tripe out every Saturday.

I’ll go through the motions, rattle a few of the local tarts in the 5 star hotel I’m being paid to stay at and I’ll still get a huge permanent signing on fee as long as I fluke a goal v Brentford.’
A question if you could answer this for me please @MACCA75.
Many moons ago there was an England international playing for 'arry at Pompey who was wanted by Sven at Citeh (yes, it really was that long ago) who did not want the transfer.
However, he went out of courtesy, and signed. When asked by the press was he excited by the move, he honestly replied, " I really had no intention of signing and only came for talks to be polite, but when I saw what they were offering in wages I signed on the spot".
Unbelievable honesty from the player, but, I can't for the life of me remember who it was, other than I thought he was gash.
Can you remember the name of the player? Was it Benjami, or something along those lines.

The Everton social media team make a point to include a quote by the player about how "big" of a club Everton is. Trying really hard to brush Rafael's previous comments further under the rug.

Just an observation.
Theyve been doing this for years. See also, every signing since moshiri mentioning the project and ambition

I think you've got this all wrong just because you hate Benitez so much.

Almost every new player, at every club, makes a point about how big a club they have joined, how pleased they are to have the opportunity and how hard they want to work for the fans.

It's not because that's what they've conjured up in their own heads; it's purely what they've been told to say.

Read absolutely nothing into any interviews given by new signings.

I'd like a new signing to be put on the spot and asked "which Everton player from the 80s do you think had the most similar playing style to yourself?" or even something much easier like "Why are Everton called 'The Toffees'?"

If an employer was prepared to pay me millions you can bet I'd learn about their company inside and out.

A question if you could answer this for me please @MACCA75.
Many moons ago there was an England international playing for 'arry at Pompey who was wanted by Sven at Citeh (yes, it really was that long ago) who did not want the transfer.
However, he went out of courtesy, and signed. When asked by the press was he excited by the move, he honestly replied, " I really had no intention of signing and only came for talks to be polite, but when I saw what they were offering in wages I signed on the spot".
Unbelievable honesty from the player, but, I can't for the life of me remember who it was, other than I thought he was gash.
Can you remember the name of the player? Was it Benjami, or something along those lines.

Benjani did go from Pompey to City I think

Status
Not open for further replies.