2020/21 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gives us something that we didn't have - a player that can get into both boxes. I liked the way his runs forward drew players towards him and created space for others and similarly his last ditch toe poke when they were breaking on us were just what we needed.

One game, but I like what I saw from him.

Just played very intelligent footy all day. Decision making was sublime. Didn’t wuss out of any header or tackle. Always knew when to double and Tottenham could not match our midfield even when they switched to the 3. Speaks volumes

No praise allowed from you. He will always be Donkeree lol

We have signed many players and had many managers I didn't want, I support them all up till it becomes clear they don't deserve my support.

Watched a load of vids when it became clear he was signing and of course its only his best bits but the boy drives forward so whats not to like?

He will continue to be called Donkeree, but no doubt it should be considered a term of endearment if he continues to play like yesterday.

Makelele Essein Lampard
Allan Doucoure Gomes
We might actually have the perfect blend. If we need to be more attacking bring James into midfield in games where we need more steel bring Gbamin in when he's fit. Doucoure is the player that brings balance to the midfield.

Makelele Essein Lampard
Allan Doucoure Gomes
We might actually have the perfect blend. If we need to be more attacking bring James into midfield in games where we need more steel bring Gbamin in when he's fit. Doucoure is the player that brings balance to the midfield.

One of these scored 15 goals a season and the other scores 1 every couple of seasons.

One of these scored 15 goals a season and the other scores 1 every couple of seasons.

Yeah that was a concern but if James plays some games in the Lampard position he will score a few. I think in this new system we should get 5 goals out of Gomes. I know that is short of Lampard total but it will be an improvement on the last couple of seasons. Doucoure might get a few as well.

50340213231_99c9148b6a_o.png
Looks a right athlete there. I genuinely think he's got the potential to be at a minimum as good a signing as Gana Gueye was, quite possibly even better due to him having much better players around him.

Both him, Allan and Gomes want to go forward.

None of this backwards passing, sitting on the ball and pointing, just straight up driving the ball or passing the ball forward, so refreshing to watch.
Gylfi must have been ever so perplexed watching that from the sidelines - and he cost more than any two of um added together and came with a reputation as a positive, attacking midfielder.

We have signed many players and had many managers I didn't want, I support them all up till it becomes clear they don't deserve my support.

Watched a load of vids when it became clear he was signing and of course its only his best bits but the boy drives forward so whats not to like?

He will continue to be called Donkeree, but no doubt it should be considered a term of endearment if he continues to play like yesterday.
What a load of cobblers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back