2021/22 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proving me wrong majority of this season, was an absolute donkey last season - I'll quite happily say he's proving me wrong this season so far.

Same. He look very watford at times. Few good games but then a few where he just looked so average.
Dare i say it. The new manager has him hungry.

He's playing nearly the same as last season, but Benitez has the sense not to use more than 1 proper defensive mid.

Brilliant engine on him but last season was asked to defend too much and be a second holding mid, which made him and Allan way too defense minded together as it's 2 players that just pass short (most times to James for no reason, as if they have no legs themselves ffs) and sit back. Then the person next to him was Tom "Somehow a footballer" Davies, which made him look bad, and James was injured... Tbh everyone except our back 4 and DCL last year was trash for like 3/4 of the games or so after our hot start.

To the point - Benitez has him not only recycling possession but also joining attacks as a proper box to box, and he's looking great as he can use the stamina he has. I really, really hope we can rest him here and there though, he looked shattered last season towards the end when he was our only non-injured midfielder for a while.

Hope he keeps at it. Dare I say very Gana lately...

He was absolutely boss. That partnership with Allan is seriously hard to better. Well done lads !
they touched on this in the commentary today that it was unusual today to have only two ink central midfield, when these two play like they did today, they didn't need three in there, they each commanded their role and bossed the midfield.

I get what you're saying but I don't recall Toure having any pace, as terrific as he was.

What hahaha?

Mate yaya was an absolute machine, amount of goals he scored just waltzing through on then long runs.

Think the way he's played this season yaya youre is a great comparison ( obviously nowhere near his level like )

His pairing with Allan was great. They bossed the midfield almost every game, not necessarily with style or chance creation, but with their strength, tackling, presence and runs. Right now, we look like we have an extra man in midfield at times.

Good performance from him so far.

Him and Allan are so important to us. In my opinion we need another cm as if either of these two are out the drop off in quality is too much

was saying the same last night , not only are they very good players in their own right but as a pairing they are working extremely well. The problem when one of them gets injured is replacing them , that problem is amplified ten times more when you have to replace them with any of davies , delph , gomes etc we need another cm so we can rest and replace them needed

His play has been really impressive but it’s the end product that’s really blowing me away. A midfielder with 2 goals and 3/4 assists - he’ll tail off, impossible to keep up those numbers over 38 games but if he can keep chipping in that’ll make a big difference to the team. At last a midfielder in the Everton midfield doing what a midfielder is meant to do - been to used to watching the pitiful efforts of the likes of Schnderlin, Gomes, Davies, Sluggerdson etc.

I think Doucoure is our best player now and this system is getting the best out of him.

Always though peak Richarlison was our best player but right now it’s Doucoure.

Status
Not open for further replies.