2021/22 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anymore bad luck and we could be facing Liverpool Chelsea City with a line up like this:

Pickford

Kenny
Holgate
Keane
Digne

Davies
Gomes

Iwobi
Gordon
Townsend

Slug

Bad news at the worst possible time....

I`d prefer Gomes over Davies and Gbamin over both of them 2, although I havent seen much of Gbamin I have liked what we saw in pre season training/games considering he`d been out for years (Literally!) Has mobility and work rate, it remains to be seen what role he will fill and if he is capable of doing Doucs role. Hopefully we get Richy back to soften the blow but we are just so light on good quality numbers.

Need to be scouring the free agents see if we can get some short term deals in....

1634641620283.png

Are we genuinely worse than other teams for serious injuries ? Has anyone sat down and done the comparison against the other 19 clubs ? I know it feels like we are but that's because we actually pay attention to Everton.

Are we genuinely worse than other teams for serious injuries ? Has anyone sat down and done the comparison against the other 19 clubs ? I know it feels like we are but that's because we actually pay attention to Everton.

Coleman
Richarlison
DCL
Pickford
Doucoure
Mina
Godfrey
Gomes
Gbamin
Delph
Iwobi

Have all been out already this season due to injury or illness. We've played only 8 matches. This is absolutely not normal and cannot be purely bad luck.

I despair at the rotten luck this club seemingly has with injury after injury to key players. Not even just key players, either. Most of Doucoure’s back-ups are injured which, at this point in time, leaves us a choice between Gbamin and Davies. Not good when you add DCL and Richarlison also out.

We might scrape a win on Saturday purely cos Watford look grim but the upcoming fixtures now almost look like write-offs unless we can somehow dig in and dog out results. Not going to be good viewing at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.