2021/22 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
8B1E581D-6BB9-421C-94B9-73FC60AB2F1E.jpeg

Sorry everyone

He‘s been one of our standout performers this season and is seemingly the only player on the books with the relentless engine to go box to box for 90 minutes which has been absolutely pivotal to the way the team has been set up this season. There is no other first team midfielder who has those attributes (Gbamin might of 3 years ago but nobody knows now what he’s capable of, probably not even the coaching staff!) the only other player in the squad with similar athleticism is Ben Godfrey who has not looked at all comfortable in the defensive positions so far.

Everton either have to completely change the gameplan, formation and set-up with a player nothing like Doucoure or use the inexperienced Premier league level midfielders Godfrey, Gbamin, Holgate or Onyango there instead and continue to play the way they have this season in hope.

Whichever option Benitez goes for it’s an awful indictment on the staff responsible for recruitment. Please be back sooner than we think Duke, I don’t think I can stomach anymore crab ball.

Every team gets injuries - it's why you need a squad. If we are moaning now about being short, that simply shows what a dreadful job Brands has done during his tenure. Some of us have been saying it all along: we do not have decent squad depth to expect to be in the reckoning for European football. We MIGHT get into the reckoning, if we get lucky, but this season we haven't been and now reality is biting. People go on about all the dead wood that needs removing, but the biggest log of all is Brands and he is, ironically, charged with removing it. A farcical club.

Off Topic
It's extremely hard to get relegated in this league because there are 5 or 6 appalling teams every season. There is no doubt in my mind that we would have done more than enough to stay up under both those managers, and they were poor.

We are midtable and irrelevant. A million miles off relegation, just like we're a million miles off challenging.

Maybe im old school but thats worse than being a yoyo club for me.

At least supporting a WBA / Norwich you get to see your club win something and days out at Wembley.

Clubs like us are utterly boring floating around midtable from now until eternity.

Hahahahahahaha sake la.

Ye I'd rather be Norwich and lose Abar 19 games in a row everytime we get promoted

Whats the difference though?

You'll likely never see us win the PL and you'll likely never see us win a FA/League Cup either with how dominate the top sides are with the ability in being able to field 2x quality 11's whilst we are an injury away from Rondon & Davies in midfield and the farce of FFP.

As someone who's not old enough to really remember 95 and having a young lad who's likely never going to see us ever do anything of note yes give me a Wembley play off win and the highs and lows of promotion and relegation fights, proper away days etc.

Thats what footie is about before Sky/PL ruined in and made merely surviving and finishing 10th in the PL every season seen as "success" because of the TV money.

At least supporting a WBA / Norwich you get to see your club win something and days out at Wembley.

Clubs like us are utterly boring floating around midtable from now until eternity.

Maybe we should have taken the EFL Cup more seriously then if you want your trip to Wembley.

Maybe we should have taken the EFL Cup more seriously then if you want your trip to Wembley.

Why so we can get to the quarters and get knocked out by City/RS/Utd/Chelsea with their 2nd string thats good enough to finish top 6 whilst we have Davies and Gomes chugging around?

You all need to wake up the ladder has been pulled up FFP stops clubs like us having any hopes of success in the PL. Leicester are a fluke and the greatest sporting upset in history for a reason.

I've read some pretty stupid things on this forum over the years, but this might take the cake. Congratulations.

I've read some pretty stupid things on this forum over the years, but this might take the cake. Congratulations.

One day I want to tell my grandkids that I've seen us win something at Wembley regardless of what that is.

Not tell them that we finished 7th once upon a time which involved a "historic" 1-0 win at Stamford Bridge.

Get the Champagne out!

One of my mates is a Villa fan and one of his greatest memories is taking his little lad to the play off final the year they came back up to the PL.

Thats creating memories that stick with you forever not finishing 11th every year.

Does this mean you're leaving for the greener pastures of Norwich??

Status
Not open for further replies.