2023/24 Abdoulaye Doucoure

….everything about him is about what he does without the football. His workrate and powers of recovery are top drawer, he gets behind the ball when the opposition have it, it’s like having an extra player at times. He’s very poor when in possession himself and moves invariably break down when he gives it away but he never hides and it matters to him.

Thats how he is, we know him by now.

You're happy for players to be awful for 37 games and then save their own skin in the 38th.
I reckon you're both really on a similar side here, No one is happy with us needing bailing out in the 38th game, but if someone is going to save their own skin and ours with it, I suppose I'm gladder for being saved all the same.
I give him his due for surviving that numbskull lampard. And in a time of tosun's and walcott's and bolasie's we've actually seen something for our shelling out for him. Was a significant downgrade when benitez sold his mate to villa as well.

I think if we can unlock DCL with better passes he scores more and we win more, ideally both wings and full backs get upgraded but they're bearable for now.
I'm not exactly overflowing with optimism re Harrison. And Young's done. The Patterson situation needs resolving. Myko and McNeil are ok for the left for now. The right flank is threadbare. We are desperate. I reckons its easier to fix the right flank in total than find an AM that'll work for us, simply on cost for starters. Though in retrospect the AM dilemma is possibly karma for the koeman debacle of hoarding them.

I'm not exactly overflowing with optimism re Harrison. And Young's done. The Patterson situation needs resolving. Myko and McNeil are ok for the left for now. The right flank is threadbare. We are desperate. I reckons its easier to fix the right flank in total than find an AM that'll work for us, simply on cost for starters. Though in retrospect the AM dilemma is possibly karma for the koeman debacle of hoarding them.
The reason I'm not prioritizing the flanks is because Dyche doesn't use them 😂 but I agree with your thoughts.