2023/24 Abdoulaye Doucoure

…..sometimes he’s bad in possession, sometimes he’s awful in possession and today he was awful in possession. He epitomises our lack of quality, even a player selected for his energy levels should be adequate in possession. The number of times he was offside was also so frustrating.

Regardless, he is what he is and we know him by now.

Who the hell rubber stamped that. Mind you there were a few on here going along with it.
Such a badly run club.
I’d imagine the manager, who clearly wanted him, and the Director of Football

Any normal club would have said “you’re 31 mate, you’re having a pay cut. If you don’t like off you pop”

Only Everton do players in the decline get rewarded for poor performances. The club is a joke

He's athletic but if he doesn't score he contributes so little ... time to have a rest on the bench (but I expect him to start every game he's fit for)

For me the problem we have is that if Doucoure doesn’t play, we don’t have anyone to play off the striker. I thought Danjuma could play there, but the manager tried him and he was awful. Gomes sort of did that role for 30 minutes against spurs. But physically i don’t think he can run for 90 minutes at a premier league pace. Dele would probably be the one, if he was ever fit.

Another one rewarded with an improved contract after a couple of impressive runouts and then gives up and reverts to type. He was terrible yesterday.

For me the problem we have is that if Doucoure doesn’t play, we don’t have anyone to play off the striker. I thought Danjuma could play there, but the manager tried him and he was awful. Gomes sort of did that role for 30 minutes against spurs. But physically i don’t think he can run for 90 minutes at a premier league pace. Dele would probably be the one, if he was ever fit.
Id try Dobbin in the 2nd striker role but .......it's not Dyche's thing.