2023/24 Abdoulaye Doucoure

Looks off it at the moment but something might not be right after injury.. keep when on it he's up and down the pitch.. his passing has always been grim but would still like him here imo..

Ladd what has been going on with doucs, never been the same after the injury. Reslt sad to see, i would bring on danjuma, he deserves it

Was it after his injury or soon after the payrise and extension? I cant remember...

One of the worst decisions to buy this cart horse

Disagree. He did well under Ancelotti in the defensive role where he covered the full back.

His stats somehow show that our results are much better when he plays -- not to say a different new signing wouldnt be better.

Scored some handy goals for us...

But i feel hes another Holgate/Keane as hes dropped off massively since extending.

Agree mate, we have to face reality. Players like branthwaite are going to leave, why would they risk everything to stay at a club that is so badly run? As for the 3 worse teams yeh, without the pts deduction we would have been great. Let’s hope we beat shef United. Utft

He's been full of praise for Dyche. Also i think another season with us wont do him any harm. Second season in this league is always the hardest for young players.

He’s had an awful season
I said in the match thread, I have to give credit for last season after Dyche came in because he scored some vital goals and him and Pickford were most important in us staying up in my opinion

But god has he been awful this season. He’s not even leading a high press like he used to so well so if he’s not doing that and not getting goals he’s pointless
Chermiti to be tried in the ten against Sheffield United please

Think hes been decent up to his injury / payrise.

£65k pay rise for turning up in 8 games last year

Utterly amazing how poor this club is run

Bewildering pay increase. Hopefully only done so we get a fee in the summer.

Disagree. He did well under Ancelotti in the defensive role where he covered the full back.

His stats somehow show that our results are much better when he plays -- not to say a different new signing wouldnt be better.

Scored some handy goals for us...

But i feel hes another Holgate/Keane as hes dropped off massively since extending.
Ancelotti didn’t want him and didn’t trust him with the ball, so he spent the majority of his time being James legs

His inconsistency and inability to play football has been evident since the day he signed for Watford. But because he covers some ground and scores the odd goal he’s been ok?

By the time he leaves he would have cost this club the best part of £55m. That is not good value

He puts in the miles and due to that pops up with a few goals each season. Was brilliant against Brighton last season when we looked dead and buried going into it and his strike last day literally kept us up. For that alone he covers his payrise.
However, he is a terrible footballer technically and breaks down majority of our possession as soon as he gets on the ball.
If we could get even a semi hard working player with actual attacking ability to replace him the team and especially the strikers would thrive (as would us fans watching)
The defense as it is works well, however 2 defensive full backs means we need creativity through the middle or teams can work us out easily.
Set pieces have kept us up this season, when teams figure out how to block Tarks back post we will really struggle.