2017/18 Ademola Lookman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might sound daft, but been told today he has a good chance of getting a call to the pre-world cup training squad of 35 players. Apparently, he's very well thought of in the England management structure having played right thru the age groups.

Would be suprised myself but regardless, it shows what a poor judge of talent Allardyce is when he let's a talent like Lookman go out on loan but keeps playing Bolasie, Calvert-Lewin and even Niasse as wide forwards!

Would be more than happy with a front 3 of Walcott, Tosun & Lookman next season. Pace and the ability to stretch teams for a change! Play Sigurdsson in his natural position as a central attacking midfielder just behind this 3 & build a solid base from there, we might just be on the right track!

Might sound daft, but been told today he has a good chance of getting a call to the pre-world cup training squad of 35 players. Apparently, he's very well thought of in the England management structure having played right thru the age groups.

Would be suprised myself but regardless, it shows what a poor judge of talent Allardyce is when he let's a talent like Lookman go out on loan but keeps playing Bolasie, Calvert-Lewin and even Niasse as wide forwards!

Would be more than happy with a front 3 of Walcott, Tosun & Lookman next season. Pace and the ability to stretch teams for a change! Play Sigurdsson in his natural position as a central attacking midfielder just behind this 3 & build a solid base from there, we might just be on the right track!
Scored 5 in 11 (7 starts I think) in Germany and assisted a few others. He's also different to what England otherwise have. Wouldn't surprise me at all. I hate Sam so much.

Needs a good run in the team

Not shoe-in seniors of claims he is not ready, some of our seniors haven’t been ready for years

Whilst it's unlikely its not such a madcap idea as you'd think. Lookman is capable of delivering special moments, something different that can change the course of a game. England dont have many players like that. If he goes he will be a luxury and not get much game time.

We took Walcott for that reason once and he never got any minutes.

Hopefully we can keep him and he now has the experience to play in the first team. I’m praying we get a new manager from outside the league who can see what Bolasie really is.

Why is he naming a 35 man squad if he's naming his final 23 this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.