AJ to Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you being serious? Bar Anichebe Johnson has the worst touch in the team. His first touch is like a pass. Even Palace fans know one of his weaknesses are his touch and tecnique. He has neither in his locker.

I thought his touch was average in his first season with us. It has nothing to do with confidence. Yakubu has a far better touch as do alot of our players.

Johnson's strenths are his pace and work rate. His touch is one of his weaknesses.

You say 'Even Palace Fans'? Does that mean you rate the Palace fans with such high regard for judging player ability?:P

I think what you've just said is utter rubbish mate sorry, I'm glad you dont pick the team!:D

Johnson has an awfull first touch, i would say he is one of the worst forwards in the prem at controlling the ball and bringing other players into the game.

Johnson has an awfull first touch, i would say he is one of the worst forwards in the prem at controlling the ball and bringing other players into the game.

Jeez I'm like the forum punch bag right now:D. Come on the rest of you with your 'i hate johnson, he's crappy and has a shitty first touch' comments, come on I can take it.

Dont worry AJ mate, I still think your great!(y)

Jeez I'm like the forum punch bag right now:D. Come on the rest of you with your 'i hate johnson, he's crappy and has a shitty first touch' comments, come on I can take it.

Dont worry AJ mate, I still think your great!(y)

Sorry, Sim, you're getting a virtual slap from me as well :lol:

I never would judge AJ as being great with the ball, especially his first touch, which generally goes in a direction that AJ simply follows.

Sorry, Sim, you're getting a virtual slap from me as well :lol:

I never would judge AJ as being great with the ball, especially his first touch, which generally goes in a direction that AJ simply follows.

Ohh, im down on my knees now and everyone is kicking the virtual [Poor language removed] out of me, but I'm still holding onto my beliefs, proudly holding up that flag for AJ!:D

i'm with ya sim! :)

i think if we don't sell johnson he will come good next season. and i'm trying to fathom where this bad first touch is coming from. i don't ever recall venting frustration at his ball control.

Based on most of the numbers we have heard this summer, 8 million seems low. Plus, if we are actually looking to move him, why not go back to West Ham, who were talking ridiculously high figures just one year ago (I seem to remember 18 million or something in the 15-20 million range being bandied around). I am not saying he is worth that much, but I would be disappointed if he went for anything less than 10 million.

Maybe I am way off, but I noticed that he seems to have played much better football when he was used with Cahill behind him two seasons ago, than he was last year paired with Yakubu. I don't think he actually played many games last year with Cahill in support. Am I missing something?

i'm with ya sim! :)

i think if we don't sell johnson he will come good next season. and i'm trying to fathom where this bad first touch is coming from. i don't ever recall venting frustration at his ball control.

Just as the crowds were about to ridicule me for my ideas that AJ may actually be a decent player, my allies Teppic and Welton Toffee show up to give me some support:D Thanks lads!

So a big :P to the rest of ya doubters!

aj

His first touch has been poor this season.
So have all the balls up to him i-e neville & co if we are to get huddlestone and have a fit manuel the quality passes should put him
in after another season he can,t have any complaints for not scoring
the worry for me is his link up and communication with the yak ,but to be fair he does take people away from the box which creates more
shooting chances for the others hes worth one more throw of the dice

So have all the balls up to him i-e neville & co if we are to get huddlestone and have a fit manuel the quality passes should put him
in after another season he can,t have any complaints for not scoring
the worry for me is his link up and communication with the yak ,but to be fair he does take people away from the box which creates more
shooting chances for the others hes worth one more throw of the dice

I agree mate.

I'm a big fan of AJ but i'm a bigger fan of the 4-5-1 ie Yak and Cahill.

If AJ can get a pre season without an injury and a be fully fit coming into the season, we'll get the best out of him.

I think Moyes will buy a striker though.

i think moyes will play a 4-5-1 next season as his prefered formation. a holding midfielder and four attack minded players to support the yak.

P.s didnt we make a massive mistake selling mc fadden when the squad was already short of numbers in the premiership pace is everything

i think moyes will play a 4-5-1 next season as his prefered formation. a holding midfielder and four attack minded players to support the yak.

If that is the case, then it is vital we keep AJ. We need someone with some quality and goalscoring instinct who willing to play second fiddle to the Yak, and be ready to step in to his shoes when Yak is injured, suspended or AWOL in Nigeria. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back