Confirmed Signing Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely offers something different to what we have running with the ball commiting players breaking the lines 28 mill seems cheap to me a

We've actually got a good squad, 2 more decent windows and i'am convinced we'll be right in the mix.
Being optimistic, this is the best way to look at it. Try and keep our best players and add 2 or 3 more this time next year.

The pessimist in me is a bit gutted we didnt get the CB and Zaha this week. Maybe being a bit greedy or impatient there.
But.....as you imply, look forwards to more improvements nexr time around.

Last edited:
Wellbeck has almost 50 England caps and has played for Man Utd and Arsenal. His ratio is actually better than I thought as as well. He is pacy, makes good runs and knows how to stretch the back line
... also 28 years old with an injury record that makes your eyes water.

You're on the sauce you mate.

Gargantuan upgrade on Ademola Lookman if nothing else.

He's not a ready-made top 4 player like Zaha, so is underwhelming in that respect, but is only 23, with time to improve. He'll give everything and I'm sure he'll help with our pressing game if nothing else.

My opinion on his ability is I've never seen much reason to rate the lad, personally, but also can't claim to have watched a whole lot of him. Always gave me the impression that he had no more of a clue what he was going to do next with the ball than the defender he was taking on, in one-on-ones. Also never been sure on his productivity and decision-making, though apparently there are stats which suggest he's not too bad in this dept.

I have to say that the reaction to this has meant I've never wanted a new signing to do well as much as I do Iwobi.

I've said to others today Paul when they've said "the top 4 clubs wouldn't buy him" and I've said the reason they wouldn't is because they have that type of player already. We need this type of player just to start filling out the squad so when it comes to subs we've got players who can stretch the opposition defence

I want to be positive about everything we do, and im happy with out window.
BUT....Arsenal are one of the clubs we want to finish above, and we have just paid the most they have ever receives for a player....for a player the fans are made up is leaving.
I hope silva knows something we, Emery, and the arsenal fans dont.
Everton manager Marco Silva said: “Alex was one of our main targets for this window and I believe he is a fantastic signing for Everton. He is a direct and skilful winger and attacking midfielder who always works very hard for his team.

“He is still young but already with a lot of top-level experience – 100 Premier League matches, more in Europe and many international games.

“It was important for me to have one more quality option for our attacking positions to add to what we have with Richarlison, Bernard and Theo Walcott.

“Alex fits exactly the profile of player I want in my model. He is hungry to join Everton and take the next step in his career, to help us compete with the strongest teams in the league and reach his potential at our club.

Here's hoping....

BUT....Arsenal are one of the clubs we want to finish above, and we have just paid the most they have ever receives for a player....for a player the fans are made up is leaving.

Not sure where you're getting this info from?

I've seen more Arsenal fans disappointed in his departure, and those that have commented are more level headed than half the members of GOT...

I'm also pretty sure Silva knows a hell of a lot more about Football than you.

In all honesty you could write a book on all the players they hate and think are rubbish.

Think we’re fickle, these teds are 100 times worse

Our problem was a lack of goals across the front 3.

Iwobi doesn't solve that.

Had we peddled Walcott and had him as a back up squad player I would actually be happy with that, but swapping Bernard for Iwobi in the starting 11 if thats the plan is IMO is a waste of money.

Very confused by our transfer dealings this window Kean and Delph aside - not evem Gbamin is a direct replacement for Gana in terms of style and may even have to cover at CB due to our negligence in not bringing in a CB.
Does he not? Could very well turn out to be the most creative player at the club. As long as he's contributing regularly to the goals he doesn't have to be directly scoring them himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.