2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played 7 games for Nigeria in the AFCON between 22nd June - 17th July (7 games in 4 weeks).

Can’t imagine he’s lacking that much fitness right now, think he’ll be ready to start on Saturday personally, just whether Silva decides to throw him straight in.

I'm a big fan of him, everytime I've seen him he looks sharp and bright. Was very happy we got him, although, would have preferred Zaha. If he can add some goals to his game and support Kean and Richarlison we'll do well.

Don't understand the negative comments, hasnt kicked a ball for us yet!
Iwobi is a great get and will make a big difference particularly with the speed options he offers. So many tactics need players with speed on the break to work, Iwobi will provide this and more. Please play on Saturday.

The Zaha carry on was just smoke and mirrors.
We've got this lad at near half the cost

Can only see good things coming from this.
Walks out Saturday to z cars with blue cape flapping in the wind....

....i’m really not a fan of Zaha, never have been but I accepted our interest because Brands/Silva felt he fitted the way they want us to play. We have to look at the bigger picture, and not solely consider a footballer in isolation.

I expect a powerful wide player capable of running with the ball was the requirement, a player who makes ground and transitions quickly into the top third. I picked out the word ‘direct’ from Silva’s description. I think Iwobi is actually more ‘direct’ than Zaha, who I have criticised for running without purpose rather than getting beyond the back four.

Bernard and Iwobi will help Silva manage games. Silva likes players with the confidence to get hold of the ball and keep possession. Bernard does that, I can see him coming on, particularly if we’re winning games away from home and even starting against the better opposition.

....i’m really not a fan of Zaha, never have been but I accepted our interest because Brands/Silva felt he fitted the way they want us to play. We have to look at the bigger picture, and not solely consider a footballer in isolation.

I expect a powerful wide player capable of running with the ball was the requirement, a player who makes ground and transitions quickly into the top third. I picked out the word ‘direct’ from Silva’s description. I think Iwobi is actually more ‘direct’ than Zaha, who I have criticised for running without purpose rather than getting beyond the back four.

Bernard and Iwobi will help Silva manage games. Silva likes players with the confidence to get hold of the ball and keep possession. Bernard does that, I can see him coming on, particularly if we’re winning games away from home and even starting against the better opposition.
I doubt we will be back in for Zaha or doucoure. The whole package for them 2 players could be a 150mil. I think Brands will be able to use that money better

I'm not going to pretend he's good and look for positives to make meself believe he's a good signing. Hope he proves me wrong is all I can say without sounding like I'm moaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back