2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice for him that he's got Theo here as an instant mate.

Must be weird as a squad to play with someone completely new. Like you won't know how far ahead you can pass and they'll be able to collect etc. Those things take time but hopefully not too long.

Dismissing Iwobi as a poor transfer before he’s kicked a ball for us is so weird IMO. Support the team and encourage the players.

proof will be in the pudding ...

at least he is the right age and not here for the over 28 mercenary money *ahem walcott

Agreed. It's strange to me when people talk about how we should have signed Lozano instead when he's older, more expensive and completely unproven in a league that Jozy Altidore didn't score 25 goals in. He could be better but it is far from a guarantee that he's even decent. Iwobi has just as much upside with half the question marks.
I welcome Iwobi and am looking forward to seeing him in a blue shirt. He's always looked dangerous when I've seen him at Goodison and I'm confident we have bought a fine player with his best times in front of him.

However I'm also one of those saying we should be looking at the likes of Lozano. Going forward we need to try and move away from the 4231 formation, and we are far too reliant on Siggy's goals to do that at the moment. We need a front 3 all of who are confident in front of goal and I don't think Iwobi is that player, not yet anyway. Lozano is very cool in front of goal and that is a natural instinct. He also knows the runs to make.

If anything I see Iwobi as maybe a long term replacement for Siggy. He looks to be as creative as the Icelander but also has the pace and dribbling ability to turn defence into attack very quickly. I'm hoping Marco plays him at the point of a midfield 3 against some of the stronger teams as I'm looking forward to seeing if he has this in his locker. I think he can act as cover in the wide position but I still feel we need to add another to our squad in that area.

....just watching the clip of him training, not as good in his movement as Kean but he looks rapid.

Arsenal supporter I know says he runs like he’s wearing a rucksack which is very true.
So whenever I see him play since he said that I have this vision he’s wearing an invisible ruck sack.

Arsenal supporter I know says he runs like he’s wearing a rucksack which is very true.
So whenever I see him play since he said that I have this vision he’s wearing an invisible ruck sack.

...I think I know where he’s coming from, he’s bulky and barrel chested in his upper body. Not great, but he looks like he shifts when he gets to a sprint.

I know we all laugh at Arsenal and say they’re crap etc but thy finished 16 points ahead of us that season. He played quite a lot in their squad and seemed to create a lot. I wouldn’t be surprised if he turned out to be better than most of what we have because like it or not none of our players are actually that good.

Reactions: Lob
I think he is going to be good this lad and improve the team. Looking forward to seeing him play.

I know we all laugh at Arsenal and say they’re crap etc but thy finished 16 points ahead of us that season. He played quite a lot in their squad and seemed to create a lot. I wouldn’t be surprised if he turned out to be better than most of what we have because like it or not none of our players are actually that good.

Digne is a god.

Fight me.

Nice for him that he's got Theo here as an instant mate.

Must be weird as a squad to play with someone completely new. Like you won't know how far ahead you can pass and they'll be able to collect etc. Those things take time but hopefully not too long.
Let's hope he's not offering him any advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back