2021/22 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the first rumor that we were in for him, I was against it, and I still think he's been a very bad transfer that hasn't changed. But he's put in so much effort for us when the club really needed it while so many others lets us down. We should all remember and appreciate that.

I can't believe I get to see Iwobi shine the past few months.
I think his poor showing at African Cup sort of woke him up.

The effort he puts in defensively and he played in an unfamiliar position - all for the team. I think his best position is still CM (but closer to the wingers).

From the first rumor that we were in for him, I was against it, and I still think he's been a very bad transfer that hasn't changed. But he's put in so much effort for us when the club really needed it while so many others lets us down. We should all remember and appreciate that.
It's still not anything close to a smart signing. I just wonder how it all goes if he's never turned into a winger.

His demeanor has changed completely on the defensive side of the ball. It’s like someone whacked him with a shovel and reminded him he is built like a battle tank and shouldn’t be losing 50/50’s. This will be the turning point in his career if there is one. I can see him turning into a very productive player if this team actually becomes respectable.

How many guys do we have that can take the ball with their back facing the goal, turn and run at the opposition? Two? And he’s one of them.
There's a chance given a whole season playing centrally he's able to progress the ball at an high level. He was in range the few times he did so this season.

There's a chance given a whole season playing centrally he's able to progress the ball at an high level. He was in range the few times he did so this season.

The finishing product still isn’t there and it may never be there. But if he can just progress the ball from the middle third to the final third, that’s a big deal for a team that has no creative alternative at the moment. No Digne. No James. No Icelandic Man.

The finishing product still isn’t there and it may never be there. But if he can just progress the ball from the middle third to the final third, that’s a big deal for a team that has no creative alternative at the moment. No Digne. No James. No Icelandic Man.
If he's playing as a legit midfielder you need 10 G+As and he's doing great. I think he can handle that.

Status
Not open for further replies.