2021/22 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we bicker about how shocking Iwobi is, West Ham fans move happily on and look forward to a game in Europe.
It's just getting all getting me down

I don't think he has a lot of talent to be honest

There is some talent, but I think you're being a bit generous

He's a squad filler/impact sub for a Premier League team at best IMO
I tried to defend him a bit last season when I saw slight glimmers of hope plus I don’t like to see our own players getting stick from us however it he lad is devoid of much skill and his confidence is through the floor.
It would now be a case of defending the indefensible.
Needs replacing in the team and as Mikey said using from the bench and hoping against hope he could make an impact.

Exactly talent like Lee Trundle. That type of thing.

Talent doesn't always make a good player as you say.

He's the sort of fella that should be at butlins handing out those plastic trophies to kids in 5 a sides.
A full size competitive 11 a side game.
Forget it. May aswell start a man down.
I cant stand him in an Everton shirt. You can literally see him just going through the motions before your eyes.
Fraud.

Kevin Ellison is a better winger than him and offers more value.

He's just making up squad numbers - needs to be lashed to within an inch of his life.

I’d already taken half a step back this season after Carlo walking and all the FFP stuff crippling us. Not going to let it get to me this year when we finish 13th.

it baffled me we had people kidding themselves we would finish any higher than mid-table this season, some of our fans are completely deluded.

Talent means nothing really. I reckon he would be boss doing tricks all day and stuff like that but that talent is no use if you cant put it all together on the pitch.

He seems to play better for Nigeria and wasn't as bad as he has been for us when he was at Arsenal (from what I have seen anyway).

He always seems to make the wrong decisions.
I'll be honest I never really noticed him for arsenal, so he didn't stand out as massively crap or good. But purely based on the comments from arsenal fans when we bought him you knew he wasn't any good. They couldn't believe they got money for him...never a good start ha

I tried to defend him a bit last season when I saw slight glimmers of hope plus I don’t like to see our own players getting stick from us however it he lad is devoid of much skill and his confidence is through the floor.
It would now be a case of defending the indefensible.
Needs replacing in the team and as Mikey said using from the bench and hoping against hope he could make an impact.
He's actively holding back the development of Gordon now as well

So why does Benitez keep picking him?

Buggered if I know at this stage to be honest

I accept that Benitez sees both players more than I do, but I still can't comprehend the thought process of picking Iwobi ahead of Gordon at this juncture

If Gordon has a run in the side and falls out of form whilst Iwobi trains well, then fine, put Iwobi back in. Until then I think it simply has to be Gordon over Iwobi going forward now

Status
Not open for further replies.