Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never ever been his biggest fan but fair play to him with how he’s played and his conduct in the last 6 months. Deserves the plaudits he’s getting and generally seems like a different person on and off the pitch. You can even see him sharing loads of things on Instagram and all that now whereas before he probably abstained because he knew he’d get abuse.

If he can continue on this path I can see him being at worst third choice CM, behind Onana and Gana meaning he’ll get loads of game time and chances to impress. It’s actually amazing that you could debate Lampard’s biggest achievement at the club so far is either keeping us up or else getting a tune out of Iwobi.

He's looked our best player in the last 2 matches - but he isn't strong enough or reliable enough to be a middle of midfield in a 2.
He's lightweight - but Frank clearly likes him and he has got decent distribution. If Allan / Doucoure (or Gana ideally) can play alongside him with Onana he could still play there. We do need to set up differently at home and be much more attack minded.
Team v Forest

Pickford
Patts Coady Tarks Myko
McNeil Doucoure Iwobi Onana Gordon
Dele
Rondon

He's looked our best player in the last 2 matches - but he isn't strong enough or reliable enough to be a middle of midfield in a 2.
He's lightweight - but Frank clearly likes him and he has got decent distribution. If Allan / Doucoure (or Gana ideally) can play alongside him with Onana he could still play there. We do need to set up differently at home and be much more attack minded.
Team v Forest

Pickford
Patts Coady Tarks Myko
Dele
Rondon
Frank going to a back 4??, if he did he would surely drop Coady not Holgate

Team v Forest

Pickford
Patts Coady Tarks Myko
Dele
Rondon
Do you think we’ll be allowed to get away with playing with 12 players?

Team v Forest

Pickford
Patts Coady Tarks Myko
Dele
Rondon
12 players , I like it

Frank going to a back 4??, if he did he would surely drop Coady not Holgate
I wouldn't. Holgate is in for his supposed pace - but at home we should be dominant against most teams and should be on the front foot.
I'd have to exclude Dele - as were not allowed 12 players - apparently.

Team v Forest

Pickford
Patts Coady Tarks Myko
Dele
Rondon
This is a fantastic idea. I wonder why he has never done it before.

Are we on the TV? I hope not because those crafty buggers will likely snitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back