2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully he’s an ever present in our central midfield now. Always happy to receive the ball, looks to play forward and is able to normally find an angle for a pass better than any of our other players. Get him playing further forward, with a striker to find, and he could become a very effective player. Was rightly slated when he played as a winger, but now deserves praise for what he is doing in a central position.

Hopefully he’s an ever present in our central midfield now. Always happy to receive the ball, looks to play forward and is able to normally find an angle for a pass better than any of our other players. Get him playing further forward, with a striker to find, and he could become a very effective player. Was rightly slated when he played as a winger, but now deserves praise for what he is doing in a central position.
It's amazing how playing players in their rightful position improves them. I remember Moyes playing Naismith all over the place and he was terrible. Put him just behind the striker and he turned into the best finisher we had.

Just proves what a good mentality does, it goes a long way. I was never fussy on him however he’s improving and not hiding, he keeps at it. Good on the lad.
This 100%

Appreciate the fact that he has faced some adversity and chose to dig in, work harder, do whatever was asked and get better. I respect that and am glad to have him at the club.

Hope we continue to bring in players to challenge for his first XI spot, but also hope he is given the opportunity to rise to that challenge - he has earned it, unlike some of our squad that seem to just go through the motions.

Onana blocking, Gueye scurrying, Iwobi probing.

Alex could save us 40m for a playmaker, IF Saturday is his level now.
TBH last few games tail end of the season and the start of this season is equal par. He's got some menacing runs in him but was hit n miss. He'll hopefully improve. But your right could save us a few quid long term. But at the time a little over priced for my own liking time to pay us back.

Onana blocking, Gueye scurrying, Iwobi probing.

Alex could save us 40m for a playmaker, IF Saturday is his level now.
Actually had a similar thought on Saturday. Showed for the ball a lot, moved it quickly and played some nice, incisive passes to the forward players. A squad option would be nice, but that midfield three could be a really effective first choice.

Really happy for him, frankly he got a lot of abuse that wasn’t a good reflection on the fans.

Love his energy. Technically not the most impressive but he gets forward like he’s running out of a burning building and we need that.

Really happy for him, frankly he got a lot of abuse that wasn’t a good reflection on the fans.

Love his energy. Technically not the most impressive but he gets forward like he’s running out of a burning building and we need that.
I think he’s one of our best technically at the moment but doesn’t always get to show it

Status
Not open for further replies.