2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair him and mcneill were OK tonight. Not great though...he tried to take on his man a few times especially in the first half, something he has to do more when playing as a winger. I would play him as a striker before maupay even if his shooting is poor.

Another terrible performance but he works hard.

This is what bugs me. He doesnt actually do anything when people say he works hard. He doesnt win 50/50 balls. He switches off. He often gives the ball away that leads to opposition attacks(not the only one mind)
But people say he works hard. Its little shuttling running style that makes him look busy, but contributing nothing in reality.
I cant wait for him to leave the club.

NOT A WINGER!!!!!!!!!

We got the best football out of Iwobi when we moved him centrally, little shock he's back to plop being placed out the right wing again.

Desperate to see him in the 10 or playing just behind the striker, think he'd thrive there with his control in close quarters.

I really am sick and tired of seeing Iwobi flying towards the opposition player who has the ball and looking like he is going to wipe him out...and then just stopping about 3 strides before he reaches the player and then making no kind of tackle at all. He has some ability, but, I don't believe he has any bottle. He has quick feet and can move quite quickly with the ball, he has reasonably good stamina levels, but he has no awareness of what is going on around him and absolutely no goal threat.

He had his purple patch earlier in the season, but, it seems it was a flash in the pan and I don't buy into this, he can't play out wide rubbish. His big problem is his lack of bravery and you just can't coach that into a player.

I really am sick and tired of seeing Iwobi flying towards the opposition player who has the ball and looking like he is going to wipe him out...and then just stopping about 3 strides before he reaches the player and then making no kind of tackle at all. He has some ability, but, I don't believe he has any bottle. He has quick feet and can move quite quickly with the ball, he has reasonably good stamina levels, but he has no awareness of what is going on around him and absolutely no goal threat.

He had his purple patch earlier in the season, but, it seems it was a flash in the pan and I don't buy into this, he can't play out wide rubbish. His big problem is his lack of bravery and you just can't coach that into a player.

Its called being a fraud mate. He's always been like it. He pulls the wool over peoples eyes. Gives the impression he's being busy. He in reality is doing nothing and the opposition know it. And they also know they are in for an easy day.
For the love of God get this type of player out of the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.