2023/24 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Full-ham

He's world class mate.

When he runs he's like a ballerina, so graceful.

He could probably carry two boiling hot plates while running, he's that good.

Probably worth £50mil+ if it wasnt his last contracted year.

Play him every game and enjoy him ;)

Bill's writing a letter to be emailed out to all season ticket holders.

The title is "They took our boy".

Iwobi, one of us...soon to be one of you.

We will all drink our sorrows away today.

Need to replace him with Gnonto or someone with decent enough pace. Gray and Iwobi as inconsistent as they are were good rapid outlets.
Nah.
Nah to Iwobi, we were daft enough to offer him a new deal, for his own reasons; stupidity? greed - it's not enough? he wants away? who knows what or why, he is atm, daft enough not to take it.
His loss
One bullet...or should that be ricochet off a piece of deadwood...dodged.

...and that's a nah to Gnonto to as well...hopefully.

Me getting lunch when I heard the fee...

lal8mR.gif

I don't mind Iwobi as much as others, works hard, carries the ball and doubles up well defensively with his full back. Lacks real conviction with his end product though and 22mill for him with 10 months left on his contract is not something we can turn down.

James was a magnificent magician who was made of glass. Iwobi is an illusionist like Derren Brown, who makes people believe he's better than he is. I would always take the 20 games a season of James than the 40+ of Iwobi.

James is Messi without the talent or production (walks around the pitch, doesn't defend, press etc). There's a reason he wears out his welcome everywhere he goes. 20 games is all you get before he's shipped off to Al-ettifuq or Tierra del Fuego.

Reactions: kev

Status
Not open for further replies.