2021/22 Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allen was pants today just saying like - he has been a world class midfielder in his day no doubts , but well past his sell buy date on today's showing imo....

….it’s a fair point, Joey, but I do think it’s lots to do with partnership and blend when it comes to defensive midfielders. I don’t know the answer to what our best blend is, Allan might not be in it but I wouldn’t write him off just yet.

I like Allan a lot and he must be horrible to play against, he’s all over hassling the opposition all game.
Wasn’t his best game today but imagine having a Gomes or Sigurdsson next to Doucoure today, we’d have lost the midfield battle every time.
This is it mate 1000%.
Please do not go back to that no energy , no tackling , no hassling , jogging BS.

Maybe it's just first game of the season rustiness, but looked dreadful, and mean dreadful, so slow and his passing and tackling brutal.

Good player Allan. Opponents will hate playing against him.

The issue i see is not only that he is 31 in Jan but also that he only has 2 years on his deal.

Its a short term stop gap signing.

We could need to sell next summer or hes going to depreciate in value and performances.

In an ideal world he would be a rotation player and a clever substitute if we had a starter alongside Doucoure -- perhaps thats Gbamin or a new player.

I think we are been premature here, this is the same player who didn’t give Harry Kane a kick of the ball in his debut less than 12 months ago. Played some great games last season was a bit unlucky with injuries. It’s earlier doors but I can see his commitment I’m defo not throwing the towel in on him after yesterday’s display. He wasn’t brilliant but I’ve seen much worse and we know there is more in his locker.

If we play with a 2 in the middle, it'll have to be either Gbamin (if he comes good) or a new signing to partner Doucoure. Allan will be very useful in a 3 man midfield but he doesn't look like having the legs/positional discipline to play in a 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.