2021/22 Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Our defenders have to sit back too deep because they are terrible.

This leaves our midfield with too much space to cover and they get legged and look awful.

2. Our defenders can’t pass the ball.

This leaves our midfield starved of possession.

3. We need 5 defenders because we can’t trust them.

This leaves our midfield a man down.

Allan would look decent in a decent side, just as Jordan Henderson does, if you swap Allan for Henderson it would make no difference to us. We can shuffle the midfield all we like but until we fix our defenders it won’t matter.

We haven’t made a decent centre back signing since John Stones in 2013.
You could of course reverse this.

1. Our defence have to sit so deep because the midfield are terrible.

2. Our midfield are utterly useless in possession, passing sideways, backwards and hiding from the ball. Means the defence have no decent options to pass to and are under pressure to hit the perfect pass every time bypassing the midfield.

3. We need 5 defenders because we can't trust the midfield to provide any kind of defensive cover.

We're a midfielder down because even with 3 they struggle to compete with a 2 man midfield.

Lot's of players would look half decent in a quality team. I'd imagine Gomes would be hitting killer passes all over the park if you him put in City's starting 11. (Ok this might be a bit of an exaggeration I admit) But he would have all the time in the world to pick out those passes with the level of possesion City have.

I think the real answer is that both our midfield and defence are extremely poor. But for me the midfield is the glaringly obvious one. Iwobi has been put in to central mid and looked our best player there whenever he does. Now that isn't to say that he looks like a great player, but he still looks better than all of the others. I don't think Allan, Doucs, Davies, or any other options are good enough for Everton. None of them have the speed both physically or in decision making. They provide little defensively or in terms of providing passes through to our forwards.

Still agree on the lack of quality in defense though but Stones wasn't a great player for us. He could have been but left too soon for us to see it.

Pretty sure Lampard said he was carrying an injury at the end which is why he never played. We have to replace the midfield unfortunately, our inability to keep possession or control a game is a huge reason we struggled. Our midfield is unbalanced and has too many 1 in 5 players.

Complete overhaul needed for me. Allan would be ok if we had balance I reckon, but he's of an age where we should replace as he already struggles a bit with the pace and physicality. Nice bloke though seems a good pro.

I've been aware of having one since Feb just gone, booked into for op in November (what turnaround times!). Still playing footy twice a week with it, just have to minimise any ab workouts or contact which could potentially rupture it.

Can't imagine it's easy to manage as a defensive mid in the Premier League mind!

That sounds absolutely grim mate. I'd be on the sofa every minute of the day till it was fixed lol

I've been aware of having one since Feb just gone, booked into for op in November (what turnaround times!). Still playing footy twice a week with it, just have to minimise any ab workouts or contact which could potentially rupture it.

Can't imagine it's easy to manage as a defensive mid in the Premier League mind!
Hope it keep stable for you until the Op x

Has to be sold surely. Can't afford to keep letting players see out their contracts.

No way on this planet he gets a new one and with only a year left it makes sense to cash in for whatever we can I guess. Can't see it being much though.

Allan - played all season - 92 pages
El ghazi joined on loan in jan has barely kicked a ball has 162 pages.
Not sure what it says about Allan, el ghazi or GOT forum contributions, but it’s interesting by

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back