2022/23 Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we’re continuing with 433 then we’ll need options especially with our injury record.

Gueye Onana Iwobi first choice seemingly

Garner Allan Doucoure back up.

Davies Gomes Gbamin goodbye

Garner Davies Doucoure back up.

Davies been absolutely fine this season. Folly to get rid and keep Allan. But then I'd expect nothing more from the haters on here.

If we’re continuing with 433 then we’ll need options especially with our injury record.

Gueye Onana Iwobi first choice seemingly

Garner Allan Doucoure back up.

Davies Gomes Gbamin goodbye
For me the key to us being successful this season, I mean by not being in a dog fight towards the end of the season. It will depend on the energy in the midfield, can we win the battles and sustain pressure on teams. We do that we will be okay. So that requires strong options to be able to rotate. Likes of Allan and Davies will be needed at some point this season. Keeping are main 3-4 options in midfield fresh puts us in a good position.

I like Allan, always have, but he is getting in now, and following his recent decent performances, I would hold onto TD as a squad player and let Allan go.

I would like to see him in a midfield where he doesn't think he needs to do the work of 3 men, with more energy and mobility around him, he is still a decent player. He came at a time when the midfield was just awful, he started off fine but niggly injuries crept in.

I'm not too bothered if he stays, as I say, would like to see him with better players around him.

He's been a decent signing overall. Makes perfect sense that he's the next one to get rid of though. 31, on £100k+ p/w, about 5th or 6th in the pecking order. He could come in and do a decent job I'm sure, but with Iwobi, Gana, Onana, Garner, Doucoure, and Davies he's surplus to requirements. It also makes far more sense to keep a 24 year old local lad who's probably on a quarter of his wage.

He's been a decent signing overall. Makes perfect sense that he's the next one to get rid of though. 31, on £100k+ p/w, about 5th or 6th in the pecking order. He could come in and do a decent job I'm sure, but with Iwobi, Gana, Onana, Garner, Doucoure, and Davies he's surplus to requirements. It also makes far more sense to keep a 24 year old local lad who's probably on a quarter of his wage.
I agree with much of this but I'd like to see a few more good performances by Davies before deciding to keep him around.

Hopefully Davies has turned a corner, but if we get old Davies back then would be good to have Allan around.

Davies and Gomes in midfield still gives me nightmares.

Status
Not open for further replies.