Confirmed Signing Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did think this earlier. Players he will know/follows on Instagram - Lukaku, Fellaini etc.
This is a selling point for us at the minute. We arent good enough right now to see players using us a stepping stone as necessarily a negative, if that makes sense. Pains me a little, but we are where we are.

Players only get moves to big clubs if they play really well for us and help the team, see Richarlison etc. And we get decent fees tjat way rather than releasing players on a free.

Putting recent poor form and relegation battles to the side, there are still many reasons why decent players would be attracted to Everton. We are still a well known big club that is trying to improve and get back to the good times, We have a very popular manager who is well known and respected globally, We pay good wages compared to a lot of others and lets not forget that unbelievable support at the end of last season that helped to keep us up. It went viral around the world that and many players would be inspired and attracted to having that kind of support.

Plus new stadium in next couple of years!

This is a selling point for us at the minute. We arent good enough right now to see players using us a stepping stone as necessarily a negative, if that makes sense. Pains me a little, but we are where we are.

Players only get moves to big clubs if they play really well for us and help the team, see Richarlison etc. And we get decent fees tjat way rather than releasing players on a free.
It also fits the business model we should be using until we're a force again: signing promising youngsters from abroad or the Championship, developing them, and selling them in their mid-20s for massive profits to the mega clubs.

We're really well positioned to do that - as well as hopefully being an attractive enough prospect in our own right, especially with the new stadium on the horizon, too.

I did think this earlier. Players he will know/follows on Instagram - Lukaku, Fellaini etc.

I mean whatever his philosophy is, and his drive it’s a no brainer moving to Everton really.

He’s going to at minimum, double his wages.

Then we’ve probably got a more clear path of first team football, and the exposure means if he’s a success, he will be off ina couple of years time to a European competing side.

Maybe Onana knows that after two seasons with us we will sell him to Man U, City or Chelsea...
Lukaku was here 4 yrs
Fellaini 5 yrs
Mirallas 7 yrs
He could see that as a plus , come here , develop ,then when time is right move on. If he's been good it will be at a big profit for the club. Its what we should have been doing these past 6 yrs.

Belgians ,think we've done very well with them tbh.

Lukaku was here 4 yrs
Fellaini 5 yrs
Mirallas 7 yrs
He could see that as a plus , come here , develop ,then when time is right move on. If he's been good it will be at a big profit for the club. Its what we should have been doing these past 6 yrs.

Belgians ,think we've done very well with them tbh.

My god did Miralles really do 7 years?!

My god did Miralles really do 7 years?!
Screenshot_20220804-150407_Chrome.jpg

Aye...shocked me too.
Got loaned out tho but under contract like.

West Ham have agreed a price (the release clause) for Cornet, and he's on his way for a medical. I know they're different, but will they sign both players?

It could be a good sign for us.

https://www.hammers.news/transfer-n...r-change-of-stance-over-wages-claims-insider/

“Sources at the London Stadium insist that the Irons remain in the running to sign the Belgium international and are still hopeful of reaching an agreement over personal terms,” a Hammers insider told Claret and Hugh.

“There is a belief the player would want around £100,000-per-week in wages.

“Onana’s camp have been in talks with the Hammers since the bid was accepted and boss David Moyes is understood to be a big fan of the player.”

Status
Not open for further replies.