2022/23 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Making a big difference to us defending the front post at corners. Lost count of how many goals we conceded from flicks from there last season

I’d say, for me, he’s been a bit in and out in every game he’s played. Only glimpses of potential here and there.

But at 6ft 5, with his physical abilities, there’s massive potential there. He’s a mobile 6”5 with decent technical ability.

But he needs to find a role in that three man midfield and express his qualities. Not end up being an auxiliary target man when we need to go long/direct. It’s early days, I’m sure that will come.

Amazing slide tackler too, I must say, even with his weaker foot. Nowhere near as clumsy as Fellaini in his first year here, defensively and in terms of reliability.
100% agree word for word. Like that spiderman meme pointing at each other.

I’d say, for me, he’s been a bit in and out in every game he’s played. Only glimpses of potential here and there.

But at 6ft 5, with his physical abilities, there’s massive potential there. He’s a mobile 6”5 with decent technical ability.

But he needs to find a role in that three man midfield and express his qualities. Not end up being an auxiliary target man when we need to go long/direct. It’s early days, I’m sure that will come.

Amazing slide tackler too, I must say, even with his weaker foot. Nowhere near as clumsy as Fellaini in his first year here, defensively and in terms of reliability.
Lampard is playing him right,moving him around the midfield to give him experience,maybe the coaching staff at this time don't know his best position.Maybe this is the extent of his talent he could play anywhere and still be good.

Lampard is playing him right,moving him around the midfield to give him experience,maybe the coaching staff at this time don't know his best position.Maybe this is the extent of his talent he could play anywhere and still be good.

I think this is it. His talent makes him a good (potentially great) defensive minded player, and his physique causes absolute chaos further up.

And there's still plenty of room for improvement in nearly every facet of his game. Really exciting.

Love this team spirit ?
Coady is the dad of the club already

1664872679016.png

I think this is it. His talent makes him a good (potentially great) defensive minded player, and his physique causes absolute chaos further up.

And there's still plenty of room for improvement in nearly every facet of his game. Really exciting.

In reality I think he'll end up as both in one. As Roy Keane once said what he was asked what was his best position was, the 6, 8 etc and he just answered "Midfield"

I haven’t clicked link yet, might get deleted if it’s behind paywall, but seems interesting.
... "It is the kind of player I am", he says. "I'm never going to let people down. I'm going to give my all and fight until the end, because this is what I've been doing my whole life. I'm going to fight, because nothing has been given to me, because hard work is the only thing that pays off. I mean, there is no secret. Just work. ... "

... "It is the kind of player I am", he says. "I'm never going to let people down. I'm going to give my all and fight until the end, because this is what I've been doing my whole life. I'm going to fight, because nothing has been given to me, because hard work is the only thing that pays off. I mean, there is no secret. Just work. ... "
Anybody here missing Schneiderlin and co.?
Seriously love the kind of players Lampard and Thelwell are bringing in.

Status
Not open for further replies.