2022/23 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Couple of misplaced passes which I think were down to him and the team still gelling.

I’m sure a lad of his stature can handle the physical side of the game in England, but if he had any doubt about what it would be like, the thugs of fleetwood certainly educated him.

Just glad he didn’t get injured.
He's not the best on the ball, especially with the passing. Has pace and bullies everyone else off the ball.

If he tightens down his weaknesses, and they're very fixable, he will be quite the player. Every side wants a player like that who just effortlessly dispossesses people and closes down in midfield, then has enough pace to do something with the ball once he has it.

He's not the best on the ball, especially with the passing. Has pace and bullies everyone else off the ball.

If he tightens down his weaknesses, and they're very fixable, he will be quite the player. Every side wants a player like that who just effortlessly dispossesses people and closes down in midfield, then has enough pace to do something with the ball once he has it.
I thought his passing was very good. Sprayed some nice cross field balls out to the wings. A few of the "misplaced" ones i actually thought was down to players not being on the move to latch onto them. He was trying to play progressive passes.

I felt he grew into the game. Was nice to see him step out and maraude through a few players towards the end of the game. Hope to see more of that.

I was pleased with his game

His positioning without the ball is first class. Knows how to use his size and to play the angles.

His passing will need some work, but he did spray a couple of quality long balls. Take the good with the bad.

But most of all, those storming runs are incredibly exciting.

I think easing him in is definitely the way to go. Makes getting Gana in crucial, as it will allow some flexibility in the way we use him.

His positioning without the ball is first class. Knows how to use his size and to play the angles.

His passing will need some work, but he did spray a couple of quality long balls. Take the good with the bad.

But most of all, those storming runs are incredibly exciting.

I think easing him in is definitely the way to go. Makes getting Gana in crucial, as it will allow some flexibility in the way we use him.
The cross field pass in the first half to Patterson, which skinned the full back only to give it to McNeil to fluff, was outstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.