2022/23 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the MOTM shouts are overblown.

Defensively he is a machine, albeit he did get rounded a couple of times, but as I have said before his positional sense, presence and his ability to get into the tackle is first class.

As a few have said, his passing is definitely something that needs to be worked on. I do think this is more a pace thing and settling into the higher intensity rather than a technical flaw.

Give him until after the WC to fully settle in, but a midfield three of Iwobi, Gana and Onana will keep us in the Premier League.

Looks good but not a Vieira / Essien type more of a Jon Obi Mikel.

What does this mean? You mean in terms of his level or the way he plays ?

He reminds me of a young Lampard in terms of the way he comes across and id be hard pushed to think of an Everton player who comes across so well in interviews.

Surely end of the season he'll be in a formal leadership role.

….Lampard can’t hide his delight with this young man, already highlighting him as a leader in the dressing room.

We could have a very special player here.

Was that post match? Any players you would compare him to in style/ability/potential ?

Once he plays a few matches and settles nicely playing alongside his homeboy Gueye, this guy is going to be worth more than double what we paid for him at the end of the season .

Lost possession very easily three times I counted and left us wanting with Leeds attacking our box. Needs to - and will - learn when to release the ball quicker or just get rid, because it's happened in every game so far. But it's all good, he's fully allowed to not be perfect at this stage; he's so young and new, yet already an imposing and impressive figure in the team. No surprise he's keeping his place. Put Gana in there too and I'm sure he'll look even better - I can't think of a better player to learn from. Really excited for his development.

….here you go @Zatara. Lampard keeps mentioning him without prompt.

Not sure who I’d compare him to, it’s his intellect and demeanour off the pitch as much as his quality on it. His physicality & movement reminds me a little of Pogba but I think Onana’s application is better. He could be extremely special.

Wow yes 3 or 4 times he name dropped him in different stages of the interview.

Must love him and no doubt referencing him as a long term leader for the team.

Pogba more of an advanced player of course...Onana I dont think we'll be able to put him in a bracket for another couple of seasons.

For the size, build, athleticism and drive Id say Vieira but thats with the leadership as well of course...maybe even a Toure but they are probably lazy examples on my part.

With Iwobi and Gana in a 3 he'll have legs around him to really showcase what hes all about.

If he can reach the level of the two ive name dropped, and i believe Lampard is expecting as such...I suspect he'll lead the new wave were seeing at the moment.

That of course is Patterson, Onana and Gordon.

Status
Not open for further replies.