2022/23 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belgium under Martinez were 1st and now 2nd (behind Brazil) in FIFAs rankings.

Axel Witsel has been their top defensive/central midfielder but hes now 33 years old and the media talk (i noticed when searching about Onana) is that Onana could be his replacement in the national side.

That may mean Onana -- Tielemans -- DeBruyne.

He'd need to usurp Dendoncker and Praet which (if he continues his current form) should be straightforward.

You've mentioned Pogba, myself Vieira and yesterdays performance underlined that potential. I'd say he and Patterson look like they could become ridiculously good if they hit their potential.

Thats simply based upon Rice/TAA current comparisons allowing for age.
After watching a clip of Roberto bigging him up on Sky a few weeks ago, I think Onana starts at the World Cup for them if he keeps playing like this.

After watching a clip of Roberto bigging him up on Sky a few weeks ago, I think Onana starts at the World Cup for them if he keeps playing like this.

If he plays every game like he did in the derby he starts for any team.

Only 21 so we need to expect that he'll have ups and downs + Lampard will need to rest him. Fortunately we now have the depth for that.

Fellaini played well as a CM and played up top because he was tall...and that was when we had a couple of strikers to choose from.

Cahill (not as tall) also did the same.

Not exactly new ground being broken is it?

We have no target men, if you remember. Lateral thinking is required.

Fellaini played well as a CM and played up top because he was tall...and that was when we had a couple of strikers to choose from.

Cahill (not as tall) also did the same.

Not exactly new ground being broken is it?

We have no target men, if you remember. Lateral thinking is required.
Dave, take a day off fella... your missus or mister must be half round the twist listening to your insistent miserableness.

Put the phone down and take them for a loverly pub lunch or a walk along the beach and sniff the fresh air mate.

The toffees are looking way better, lampard seems to actually understand his job
;)

Been a bit shaky since joining so I was worried for him yesterday, a bit more assured when I saw their starting midfield though.

Battled very well and mature of him not to get too involved in anything, especially after getting booked after only 38 minutes. Looked a proper midfielder yesterday

Dave, take a day off fella... your missus or mister must be half round the twist listening to your insistent miserableness.

Put the phone down and take them for a loverly pub lunch or a walk along the beach and sniff the fresh air mate.

The toffees are looking way better, lampard seems to actually understand his job
;)
stop being an unspoiler

thinking laterally is what separates us from the animals

Was honestly a bit concerned before today, sure he was a young lad, but he looked a bit, gangly, a bit too raw.

But he grew into the game today and once he settles more im sure he will only grow and grow.

Some players just look instantly like they have it mate (whatever that 'it' is).

Thing for me that just stands out so big, it's he grows into games and gets better rather than what you'd expect a young lad to do and fade later - also twice he's been booked early and just shrugged it off and focused on doing his job without hampering him in the slightest.

They REALLY didn't like playing v him yesterday which says a lot about his game

….not only 21, but in a foreign country, at a new club with new teammates, hugely inexperienced & the pressure of a big fee.

Hate getting carried away, but I was thinking he genuinely could be the best young player we’ve had since Rooney.

I dare say I’ll get vaulted for that but I’m mightily impressed.

He's a Rolls Royce of a player mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.