American Blues NBC Coverage Alert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fans will inevitably lose interest and another company will buy television rights to the BPL. You're better off just streaming games online. If you are going to make people pay 50 bucks, you damn well better have every game.

it's not even all the games though is it?

No, but with any luck/pull strings by a certain bald, EFC will have more than a few games streamed. But sucks to be anyone wanting to watch Bournemouth or Brighton or Huddersfield Town.

Seriously though, who is going to pay $50 to see their team streamed "at least 3 times?"

*Well, ok, most matches will be viewable on replay
In addition, subscribers can access replays of most matches

No, but with any luck/pull strings by a certain bald, EFC will have more than a few games streamed. But sucks to be anyone wanting to watch Bournemouth or Brighton or Huddersfield Town.

Seriously though, who is going to pay $50 to see their team streamed "at least 3 times?"

I have to say I have been impressed with NBC's coverage of the league up until this point. They have every right to start a subscription service, but they are doing it utterly wrong and this will ultimately fail. The fact that it is drastically overpriced for minimal coverage is embarrassing.

I have to say I have been impressed with NBC's coverage of the league up until this point. They have every right to start a subscription service, but they are doing it utterly wrong and this will ultimately fail. The fact that it is drastically overpriced for minimal coverage is embarrassing.

They can still make this work, but it's a gamble. But provider subscriptions are declining and maybe they're not getting what they need/want from providers. I doubt they're getting half of the $50 per box/year from Comcast or DirecTV (not that I want to add up my bill for last year...) so if they can find a way to bridge from the dying platform to what should be the next iteration of visual media it should work.

I wonder if the replay issue is a live broadcast/rights issue as much as a bandwidth issue (although that's probably their two main costs...), but we'll see soon whether they cut any of their in-studio talent as well. If any of the Rebecca, Robbie, Robbie, and Robbie are gone I'll be disappointed and worried.

It looks like its all online then as in streaming so those 'live extra channels' will no doubt disappear from each cable providers service

Hello to all of our American cousins.

Or should that be howdy!!

How do you do?

giphy.gif

I'm not paying them 50 to watch a replay lol only way id pay is if it was like NBA league pass

I don't mind at all. I never did the streams.

If we aren't on TV I listen to it on the radio. For me a really different game experience...especially with a couple of completely biased blues calling the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.