2020/21 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post.

Throw Harvey Barnes in there to, that lad is a very dangerous footballer and very underrated.

They’ve got an excellent set up throughout Leicester and they are for me, by some distance, the best run club in the country.

The academy produces players, their recruitment policy is perfect... only signing players who fit their style of football, who are young and if they come good they make massive profits, whilst maintaining competitiveness.

As you’ve mentioned Barnes, Thomas, Choudhury, Chilwell have all came through their academy.
They have mastered the French league in regards to talent... Mahrez, Fofana, Kante.

Mahrez, Drinkwater, Maguire, Chilwell all went for huge fees, whilst they bought low and signed young players like I mentioned.

They’re just very well ran, and we could do no worse than modelling ourselves on that.

They’ve got an excellent set up throughout Leicester and they are for me, by some distance, the best run club in the country.

The academy produces players, their recruitment policy is perfect... only signing players who fit their style of football, who are young and if they come good they make massive profits, whilst maintaining competitiveness.

As you’ve mentioned Barnes, Thomas, Choudhury, Chilwell have all came through their academy.
They have mastered the French league in regards to talent... Mahrez, Fofana, Kante.

Mahrez, Drinkwater, Maguire, Chilwell all went for huge fees, whilst they bought low and signed young players like I mentioned.

They’re just very well ran, and we could do no worse than modelling ourselves on that.

They defo have their football Dept in order and seem pretty well setup of the pitch.

They are no respecter of the glass ceiling.....they very simply do what we have found difficult for a decade.

Yhey do it their own way to, everything you say is true but they have no prob going out and pulling an established player who might is a top player who might not be well known in this league. Castagane a case in point and Periera before him. They just fit seamlessly in when a Simpson, Fuchs get on or a sale needs to be made in Chilwell to keep it ticking over.

Someone there understands football and is top at identifying players, Tielamens, Ndidi, Barnes, Castgane, Pereira, Justin - just hand to glove top scouting.

Then you look at slow burners, Iheanacho tearing it up at the moment.

The spirit there seemes great as well, all fight for each other.

When you think of all the money we wasted.....

Our best football has been with him in the team. The three with Doucoure and Allan has looked excellent at times.

I just hate that a fan base that once lauded Denis Straquilarsi turns on players so quickly these days.
He kept the team ticking over alongside those two without standing out. The midfield is of course a unit but I feel in that three he is the one who should’ve been going forward and creating stuff but he really just wasn’t

He kept the team ticking over alongside those two without standing out. The midfield is of course a unit but I feel in that three he is the one who should’ve been going forward and creating stuff but he really just wasn’t

He was popping the ball to James who was doing bits.

Think I read somewhere that the only time those three have started at the same time is the first four games. How did we do in those?

Our best football has been with him in the team. The three with Doucoure and Allan has looked excellent at times.

I just hate that a fan base that once lauded Denis Straquilarsi turns on players so quickly these days.
I wouldn't say it's turning quickly. He's been underwhelming for pretty much 2 1/2 seasons, i'm not sure how long we're supposed to give people before we comment on their performances?

Think I read somewhere that the only time those three have started at the same time is the first four games. How did we do in those?
I think we all accept James who resides mainly on the wing can’t be our only creative outlet, especially as teams are just trying to kick him into the dirt now. We won those four games but do you not think with the injury records our midfield have we might need someone who can take it upon themselves perform and produce even a little with some of the squad players?

I think we all accept James who resides mainly on the wing can’t be our only creative outlet, especially as teams are just trying to kick him into the dirt now. We won those four games but do you not think with the injury records our midfield have we might need someone who can take it upon themselves perform and produce even a little with some of the squad players?

always need to strengthen. But this constant of hating all our players is tiresome.

some players are fragile IMO, Gomes played his best football when on loan and everyone loved him, he had a bad injury and maybe hasnt quite found his full fitness since being out every now and then hampering his consistency. Let’s get behind him and give him the support to find his consistency again rather than just hating everyone.

I wouldn't say it's turning quickly. He's been underwhelming for pretty much 2 1/2 seasons, i'm not sure how long we're supposed to give people before we comment on their performances?
Hes the only one that looks like a footballer. The problem is pairing him with Slower (Sigurdsson ) and Slowest (Rodriguez ) doesnt work. It makes a great trio (Slow, Slower, Slowest ) for comedy.. Put a few midgets in like Bernard and you have the perfect mix.

Not sure a top side justifies having their most advanced midfielder as just someone who ‘pops it off to someone else and hope he does something’. He’d be alright still for a bottom half side but he’s levels behind West Ham and Leicester’s midfielders imo, never mind teams like United. (still more assists than Thiago tho so whose arsed) lol

Hes the only one that looks like a footballer. The problem is pairing him with Slower (Sigurdsson ) and Slowest (Rodriguez ) doesnt work. It makes a great trio (Slow, Slower, Slowest ) for comedy.. Put a few midgets in like Bernard and you have the perfect mix.
Yeah at his best he's a really good player. Theoretically he can do everything (apart from run) but in practice he just doesn't put it together anywhere near often enough. I think even his performances on loan were like that, there's a bit of amnesia from some about that.

always need to strengthen. But this constant of hating all our players is tiresome.

some players are fragile IMO, Gomes played his best football when on loan and everyone loved him, he had a bad injury and maybe hasnt quite found his full fitness since being out every now and then hampering his consistency. Let’s get behind him and give him the support to find his consistency again rather than just hating everyone.
He’s been back over 12 months. Give him support. He’s a professional footballer on 5mil a year. If he can’t hack it, retire and go back to Portugal and live by the beach. And good luck to the lad.

But ultimately we’re a football club not a charity

Not hate,just disappointing that he's never been able to reproduce the form that got him signed by Barcelona. If you look at some of the YouTube video of him at Valencia and now,looks like a totally different player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back