2021/22 Andros Townsend

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest ,I'm gutted for him. Yes he is not the quickest but I think he is getting some undeserved stick . The man really worked his socks off,even after getting dropped to a bit part player from when Frank came in.If more of the team tried as hard then we wouldn't be in this bloody mess.I wish him well.

Although Lampard wasn't playing him much he was up there stats wise ahead of everyone else in our team for chances created. Shame to lose him. At his age with an injury like this too is bad news.

Someone in here must know but surely we're the worst for longterm injuries in the last 5 seasons or so. We've had McCarthy, Tosun, Bolasie, Gomes, Coleman, Gbamin, Davies, DCL and now Townsend all with serious longterm injuries. Delph and Mina I'm overlooking as they're injury prone in general but that has to be one of the worst records in the last 5 seasons for long term/ serious injuries

He's a good guy so it does suck to see him go down like this. His legs were already gone too so hard to see him ever getting back to this level again.

Status
Not open for further replies.