Andy Van der Meyde??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number_25

Player Valuation: £50m
OK, In 2005 we signed Andy Van der Meyde for £2m. I thought to myself "Yess!! Netherland Intenational. Watched him on tele at Inter skillfull, Good Crosser! Magic skills!"

2008 I am now thinking, "Erm, Where is he? 18 apperances in 3 years??! What the hell?!"

He's a good crosser, Happy on the ball, Skillfull. I know he's had problems but hasen't he vowed to stay with us and give us 100% So may I ask Davey Moyes can you please give him a few more chances! I think he's got Potentail to be our 1st team Attacking Midfield Left!

Please Please Please Please Please use him!

Number_25 :D

I agree with you Number 25 whilst we're short on numbers and Pienaar alledgedly out for 2-3 weeks injured whilst at Africa, we might aswell throw VDM on he can't be much worse then what we have out at the moment and he might actually put in a half decent shift.

Fact is moyes has a policy of playing players that show commitment to the cause, work hard in training and achieve on the training pitch and the reserves.

then they get to play in the first team.

Van Der Meyde obviously isn't doing that - otherwise Moyes would play him. Also he's had alot of injuries, is widely presumed to have a drink problem that is adversely effecting his game and has missed training sessions, numerous times.

Moyes seems to consider it bad for morale to choose players with his record, over players who are working their arses off.

I think Moyes is right. If other managers were in charge VDM's name and reputation would have seen him make two or three times (with mediocre results) the amount of starts - which would have adversely effected the team spirit, and hardly served as an incentive to work as hard.

In all honesty, he's been [Poor language removed] the last few times he played anyway - a shadow of the player he once was. Pity. as in times like this we could use his talent - its not like he's not getting 30k for doing [Poor language removed] all.

Well, he would be on the bench at least in the Blackburn match now de sliva is gone, I really like him as a player he has potential and I know he is a good player please Moyes give him another game or two to prove himself.

He was on the bench for the Spurs game so we can safely disgard the injury nonsense that was his latest excuse.

I would assume that billy the youth team kid had a cold for that to happen

The mans a waster that who would in the real world have got the sack a long time ago,ask yourselves this,if you could only be arsed to show up a couple of times for work no matter what the excuse over an extended period of time no employer would put up with it..yet becuase he's a footballer we for whatever reason do,the mind boggles i really do.

Time to get shot and be done with him (no doubt his few supporters will claim how good he was for a 20 min period in one game 2 years ago) but to them i say this let him go,take the financial hit and be done with this man.

Quite possibly DM's worst ever signing and yes i included Teflon and Koldrup in that hall of fame

Kroldrup didn't do EFC much damage. He came in, didn't settle, there were rumours he didn't get on with people and didn't like Moyes - so he was shipped out (albeit at a few million loss).

For some reason, the above made it as the worst transfer ever in the premiership according to a ridiculous times article.

Veron must be the worst, as SAF let his ego get in the way and persisted in playing him (with terrible results) again and again because he'd paid a then record 30 million odd. I think he was there for two years smelling up the place.

Van der Meyde must be Moyes' worse signing however. We can't even shift him, as his problems have been so well reported, his lack of on field play and the huge amount of wages.

We should try to get his contract annulled or something.
(its not like VDM is poor or anything, he'll be a millionaire even if he never works another day in his life - which for everton on match days is looking increasingly likely).

I would'nt put this tool any were near are first team, what a waste of talent. He's shown nothing what so ever to the everton cause. on the way to blackburn stop somewere on way let him out an drive off.

Wannker.

I really don't understand how football sits in relation to employment law because it seems impossible to sack someone these days without paying off the remainder of their contract.

http://www.bizhelp24.com/business-law/sacking,-dismissal-redundancy-11.html

There are a number of acceptable reasons for dismissing an employee. Gross misconduct or repeated minor misconducts, or an employee failing to effectively carry out their job over a period of time are legitimate reasons for dismissal.

http://www.bizhelp24.com/business-law/sacking,-dismissal-redundancy-9.html

Redundancy pay entitlement is worked out based upon the employee’s weekly wage (If the wage varies from week to week, then an average figure is used.), with the maximum figure being £260 per week.

For every year of service between the ages of 22-40 the employee receives one weeks pay.

So surely according to the letter of the law, we could sack VDM for his cock ups and pay him around 3 weeks wages as redundancy?

Kroldrup didn't do EFC much damage. He came in, didn't settle, there were rumours he didn't get on with people and didn't like Moyes - so he was shipped out (albeit at a few million loss).

For some reason, the above made it as the worst transfer ever in the premiership according to a ridiculous times article.

Veron must be the worst, as SAF let his ego get in the way and persisted in playing him (with terrible results) again and again because he'd paid a then record 30 million odd. I think he was there for two years smelling up the place.

Van der Meyde must be Moyes' worse signing however. We can't even shift him, as his problems have been so well reported, his lack of on field play and the huge amount of wages.

We should try to get his contract annulled or something.
(its not like VDM is poor or anything, he'll be a millionaire even if he never works another day in his life - which for everton on match days is looking increasingly likely).

What about we just try to get him annulled or somthing.

That drunken bum should thank his lucky stars that this club is such a soft touch, have a look at what has happened to Steven Appiah in Turkey,http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3090960,00.html they would have crucified VDM a long time ago.

Sack him, I couldn't give a [Poor language removed] if it leaves us short because of the players left they will all want to play for EFC

That drunken bum should thank his lucky stars that this club is such a soft touch, have a look at what has happened to Steven Appiah in Turkey,http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3090960,00.html they would have crucified VDM a long time ago.

Sack him, I couldn't give a [Poor language removed] if it leaves us short because of the players left they will all want to play for EFC

[Poor language removed] me thats harsh..............can we send VDM there?

Please.

Appiah has been treated like [Poor language removed], and has every right to sue his team or the medical advice and treatment that was given to him.

he wants to leave now. If we could get him next year on a loan (with an agreed fee) it would be worth it (not sure about the buy as obviously no-one knows if he will recover from this condition sufficiently) as he's one of the best players in the world bar none.

Whereas Andy is one of the best players in the world at the bar.

I don't think this club is a soft touch anymore though. What can you do if you can't sell him - pay his wages off? Even more of a soft touch that. Most clubs end up with someone on their books not playing draining huge wages.

look at west ham.

Bellamy, Dyer (did they expect anything else?), Ashton etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.