Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Another billionaire club in to the mix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see it personally but who knows

Doing a bit of google research, it would appear that the idea of stopping promotion and relegation was first mooted in 2011. The rise of foreign owners, especially US ones who are used to working with franchises and no prom/relegation, could easily be pushed through if they can generate sufficient support. I can't find the PL rule that states the percentage needed to force it through though or the quorum needed

I
Doing a bit of google research, it would appear that the idea of stopping promotion and relegation was first mooted in 2011. The rise of foreign owners, especially US ones who are used to working with franchises and no prom/relegation, could easily be pushed through if they can generate sufficient support. I can't find the PL rule that states the percentage needed to force it through though or the quorum needed
I'm sure it something like 16 clubs out of 20 to force something through.can't be sure the figure but it's something around 70-80%.

I

I'm sure it something like 16 clubs out of 20 to force something through.can't be sure the figure but it's something around 70-80%.

There you go then. Hence Moxley alluding to only one more club to fall under foreign influence. It COULD happen but the fans would revolt

There you go then. Hence Moxley alluding to only one more club to fall under foreign influence. It COULD happen but the fans would revolt

Some fans (older ones maybe) might revolt. Most wouldn't. We had people happy to see us move to Stratford. If Spurs fans will accept that, they will accept anything.
West Ham think moving to the OS will put them in the big time, they don't give a toss about their history.

Exactly,the relegation scrap is normally more exciting than the title run in, certainly on the last day.

The playoff system would be introduced after that. The money available from them alone would be enormous.

It would be awful but I can see the majority of people grumbling but not doing anything about it and some (especially he overseas markets) actually preferring it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back