Another striker on the road to ruin at Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on people. I was actually pleasantly surprised to see how quickly he's adapting. Puts a few shots and headers anywhere but right at the keeper and he would have had a few today. I remember similar threads about baines and jags after their first few games... And they were already established prem players! Come on everton fans. Whine about ken right. Whine about moyes. But back off jelavic right now. Way too early.

We are still in the cup. Lets try to get behind the team. A trophy will ease a lot of this strife.

This thread's been lost on a lot of posters I see, OP isn't ****ging off Jelavic, he's ****ging off the service he is getting and what will be become of him because of said service. Simple right?

i thought jelli looked good today , the service to him lacked quality but he looks busy and got stuck in.
best forward weve had in a while imo and the only striker in the squad i think will get us double figures in goals .(btw i think vellios is our second best striker... i dont think anichebe straq or cahill have the goals in em - id be shocked if they get 10+ amongst all 3 of them this season , im gutted vellios isnt given more of a chance tbh but thats another subject)

The important thing about him only starting 2 games (and missing loads of training through injuries) is that both the staff and the club will still be learning about some of his strengths.
He isn't a target man so the relentless hoofball wasn't smart but I doubt that DM was shouting "FECKING HOOF IT" down on the touchline. He does look decent in the air though.
We lost composure yesterday and started whacking it long when we were having more success passing it around.
But to say we are ruining him after two games is pathetic - no one said this after the Spurs game did they?

I think you will see us playing different football next season tbh which will obviously suit jelavic more anyway. Are football has already improved since January signings anyway but I honestly think Cahill and Coleman who contribute massively to the football we play when playing in midfield will not be playingbas much in midfield.

A midfield of say...would play alot better football.

-------Fellani---Gibson-------
Drenthe---Barkley----pienaar--
-------------jelavic---------------

I do think moyes gets alot of stick for the way we play but the players at his disposal does make a difference of how you play.

I, personally, have been impressed with Jelavic. His work rate and commitment are far, far better than what we had previously in Saha

I said non-aerial and you gave me an example of a long (aerial) ball. See my point?

He didn't win enough in the air today for me to feel confident about his chances in a system like this.

On the flipside he was up against far taller CBs and yes, Pienaar was missing. So we shall see. But if we play like we did today more often than we don't I am not optimistic.

Oh jesus christ rfus, you really have an agenda.

The OP was about how jelavic going to be ruined with hoof ball. You said last week was the only time he has been given a decent pass. I pointed out a perfectly good pass he got yesterday which wasnt a hoof but a measured long pass into his stride wherd he was1v1 with a defender

And you claim it doesnt count because it was a bit in the air!! Fcukin splitting hairs or what.

The moaning on here is getting tiresome. Same people saying the same thing at every opportunity.

And you claim it doesnt count because it was a bit in the air!! Fcukin splitting hairs or what.

The moaning on here is getting tiresome. Same people saying the same thing at every opportunity.

Attendance is optional. its only getting tiresome to you because you don't agree. if you don't like it log off or read another thread.

I think he has looked good, went to the game yesterday and thought it looked good, not afriad to have a shot, wins a lot of headers acctually didn't realise how good he was in the air, works hard, holds the ball up well and brings others into the game, i also think his movement off the ball is great, something we have missed for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.