2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very low down the list of our problems. Was our best player in the first half at least.

Right now we're asking a 21 year old to aid in us turning around our fortunes whilst he should be an option off the bench and occasional rotation. No doubt you stick him into a team that has better youth-integration and he flourishes more.

Personally, I'm happy he's playing as at least he is developing. He is stronger and is beating his man more often now. A few decent low crosses into the box yesterday but alas he had Rondon and Iwobi on the end of them.

Give me gibing Gordon a chance and actually being able to form an opinion on him over the course of a season than going with the same tried and tested failures.

Championship standard yet is spoken about like he's Phil Foden.

Shows how poor the squad is.
You said all that about DCL and he made you look stupider than you normally are, you really have no idea about player development do you, none whatsoever. In fact your football knowledge is shocking but you never shut up spouting nonsense.

You said all that about DCL and he made you look stupider than you normally are, you really have no idea about player development do you, none whatsoever. In fact your football knowledge is shocking but you never shut up spouting nonsense.

0 goals and 1 assist in 35 league games for an attacking player and you're raving about him lol

There is nothing wrong with being a championsip level player - he'll still make a hell of a lot more money and bang better looking birds than you or I stacking shelves in Aldi but the reality is he isn't a PL quality player.

Sometimes you have to be honest and I think a lot of our academy fit that description which says a lot about the backroom staff.

Very low down the list of our problems. Was our best player in the first half at least.

Right now we're asking a 21 year old to aid in us turning around our fortunes whilst he should be an option off the bench and occasional rotation. No doubt you stick him into a team that has better youth-integration and he flourishes more.

Personally, I'm happy he's playing as at least he is developing. He is stronger and is beating his man more often now. A few decent low crosses into the box yesterday but alas he had Rondon and Iwobi on the end of them.

Give me gibing Gordon a chance and actually being able to form an opinion on him over the course of a season than going with the same tried and tested failures.
It's not his fault and of course compared to the board and all that he's not a problem at all but he is a pretty big part of the problem in a football sense. He doesn't score or assist and doesn't really open the game up with dribbles or creative passing. I don't mean to write him off or say he'll never get any better and as I say it's not his fault he's playing but playing in his position he's really got to do a lot more.

0 goals and 1 assist in 35 league games for an attacking player and you're raving about him lol

There is nothing wrong with being a championsip level player - he'll still make a hell of a lot more money and bang better looking birds than you or I stacking shelves in Aldi but the reality is he isn't a PL quality player.

Sometimes you have to be honest and I think a lot of our academy fit that description which says a lot about the backroom staff.
I'm not raving about him. I'm seeing it for what it is a young lad whose just breaking through in an incredibly poor side, looks like he is trying too hard and has an absolute donkey as a striker ahead of him.

If he turns out not good enough fair enough but as usual people aren't prepared to watch him develop. it grinds my gears, he is the least of our problems, if some of the senior players cared like he does we may have a bit more passion on the field.

I'm not raving about him. I'm seeing it for what it is a young lad whose just breaking through in an incredibly poor side, looks like he is trying too hard and has an absolute donkey as a striker ahead of him.

If he turns out not good enough fair enough but as usual people aren't prepared to watch him develop. it grinds my gears, he is the least of our problems, if some of the senior players cared like he does we may have a bit more passion on the field.

I cant knock his commitment on the pitch - I just dont think he's good enough and when you're 14th in the table you need players to stand up and change a game and he can't do that same as Iwobi, Rondon etc.

I cant knock his commitment on the pitch - I just dont think he's good enough and when you're 14th in the table you need players to stand up and change a game and he can't do that same as Iwobi, Rondon etc.
I thought after slating Dominic and calling him championship/league 1 standard while he was breaking through and finding his feet only for him to come good would have at least taught you some patience with youngsters.

You also have to take into account the team and the way we are playing altogether and the lack of confidence running right through the side. I think your energy should be directed at the more senior players who have been giving us shithouse performances over and over again.

Young Anthony is desperate for a goal and he's probably trying too hard but it is way too early to write him off.

I thought after slating Dominic and calling him championship/league 1 standard while he was breaking through and finding his feet only for him to come good would have at least taught you some patience with youngsters.

You also have to take into account the team and the way we are playing altogether and the lack of confidence running right through the side. I think your energy should be directed at the more senior players who have been giving us shithouse performances over and over again.

Young Anthony is desperate for a goal and he's probably trying too hard but it is way too early to write him off.

So because one player DCL turned good that means we have to wait until every young player is at least 23/24 before we can judge?

Sorry mate thats nonsense - at this stage he's another Dowell, Kenny - decent lad and will probably have an alright career in Championship/League One but he's nowhere near good enough to be at a PL club at this stage imo.

For his sake he needs a loan move although he struggled on loan in the championship last season which raises alarm bells.

So because one player DCL turned good that means we have to wait until every young player is at least 23/24 before we can judge?

Sorry mate thats nonsense - at this stage he's another Dowell, Kenny - decent lad and will probably have an alright career in Championship/League One but he's nowhere near good enough to be at a PL club imo.
Not necessarily obviously some you'll know won't make it but at the same time he's only had a handful of starts and minutes off the bench or used in cups. It's too early nobody including us has any idea how good he looks in training or how he will turn out as he gets older.

The fact he is getting starts says he probably does have something about him but we as fans need to support him not tear him too shreds when there are far worse senior players taking the pee.

The same Dowell who is playing Premier league football at Norwich? He can't be that bad.

Not necessarily obviously some you'll know won't make it but at the same time he's only had a handful of starts and minutes off the bench or used in cups. It's too early nobody including us has any idea how good he looks in training or how he will turn out as he gets older.

The fact he is getting starts says he probably does have something about him but we as fans need to support him not tear him too shreds when there are far worse senior players taking the pee.

The same Dowell who is playing Premier league football at Norwich? He can't be that bad.

The worry for me mate is he struggled out on loan last season at a championsip team - he has to be showing more than he is currently is.

You cant knock his commitment but you need more than that in this league.

The worry for me mate is he struggled out on loan last season at a championsip team - he has to be showing more than he is currently is.

You cant knock his commitment but you need more than that in this league.
I honestly think a goal will do him the world of good and he'll relax. We don't know but I'd rather Gordon than Iwobi. he should be getting used from the bench but obviously injuries have meant he is getting minutes. have a bit of faith. If he doesn't kick on he'll be sold no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.