2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
But he obviously does more than that mate, people don't bid 42m for a lad that only runs around.

And how many games he plays for Chelsea is irrelevant really. We are judging him on his ability in the here and now, and he is obviously viewed as one of the most talented young players in the country if not the continent. It;s fair enough to disagree with that assessment, but people in the game clearly see a very talented player who has been outstanding for Everton.

I'm not sure he does though, his end product is pretty poor. he seems to run around a lot and throw himself on the ground. He isnt a game winner or really a game changer. my personal opinion is that he shouldn't be a starter for us, just an impact sub.

Chelsea are buying him for depth. he wont get near there starting 11 on a regular basis.

Either way at 50m i think we should sell. Get Broja on loan as part of the deal and buy 2 new players with the money.

I dont think we move forward with Gordon as a starter in our first team.

Unless he's 40+ I wouldn't be selling.

But someone has to get real with his career development.
He's not going to be top class forward.
But that does not mean he's still not incredibly valuable.
He may not of scored the goals but he was key in us not getting relegated.

Its like he got further in youth development than most wing backs do by playing as a forward longer.
and in a 3CB set up he could come into his own, playing deeper in a 4 man midfield
iwobi onana gueye gordon, with 3 goal scorers ahead of em.

No thanks. Up the initial fee massively

No matter what happens you’ll get a million different versions of the deal from a million different journalists. None of us will ever know exactly what it is- and so it’s easy content for them to speculate. The only thing that matters is that we accept an offer that allows Thelwell and Lampard to achieve what they need to achieve in the transfer market to significantly upgrade the forward positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.