2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asif he rejected a new contract around the same time he was given a new number etc.

He probably wouldn't even push for the move of the said an offer was on the table.

Should still sell him like

I’d also suggest it’s a huge gamble for Everton! The position we are in at the moment financially, makes it a huge gamble not to actually accept £40m + and if possible use the money to buy someone (or two!) who can actually put the ball in the back of the net with a degree of regularity!

Yes I agree, and certainly not a gamble I'd be taking.

I'm taking the cash (as I have said throughout, even though people seem to think I'd be rejecting it!).

I’d also suggest it’s a huge gamble for Everton! The position we are in at the moment financially, makes it a huge gamble not to actually accept £40m + and if possible use the money to buy someone (or two!) who can actually put the ball in the back of the net with a degree of regularity!
It’s all pros and cons. Relegation costs the club upwards of £50 M, but would he save us from relegation anyway if we kept him?

The mirror saying he wants to leave …

I mean, how about just a tiny bit of loyalty??

Of course wants to leave.

This is the club pulling in favours though, and convinces me more hes going, as they will portray him as the villain.

Even if he has best season yet ... he's not enough to keep this current squad up. As I've said before, yes he has potential but he could just as easily flop / get injured / relegated etc. 45-50 million is more valuable to Everton at this point than Gordon. If he doesn't go and we don't show some immediate improvement .... that element of the fan base that are already grumbling on him will truely turn their ire on him. Stones / Barkley / Rodwell / Jeffers were all destined for greatness ...sold for purpose and failed to develop.

It would be a pretty vile move if it turns out that celebration for his disallowed goal was pushing Chelsea to force proceedings.

After you've just been made the #10, the fans sing your name, you're a boyhood blue but you turned down a new contract.

Ouch. What a little bitch ?

Well that wasn't what I said.

I said DCL would do more as a number 9/target man than Kane from that point moving forward. I made explicitly clear Kane had been the better 9 at that point. I also said Kane was the better player. Just for the sake of accuracy.

Kane for a time was also playing much deeper.

I also stated with DCL, that he would be s good player for us, would score goals and we would miss him if he got injured. This is at a time when much prevailing views were he was rubbish, we would be better without him, and he would never get 10 goals in a season.

So where the odd view I get wrong gets clung too, there are probably 10 things I will say that are true, that people will forget or omit. And that's fine too, but if we are having a proper discussion, both sides need to be reflected.

As for overating players, I'm not sure. I was very keen in Gordon and DCL, but the rest not really. I was never really massively bought in by Richarlison, or Pickford, or Godfrey (although think he did very well at fullback).

As for Gordon, I think he has every chance to be a top player, which is why a club like Chelsea are willing to pay huge money for him.
Jeffers, Rodwell, Barkley…

Status
Not open for further replies.