2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
….the reality is, when a player in demand wants to move it invariably happens.

The challenge for Everton is getting as much as we can & then spending it to make us better than we are. I’m a Gordon fan, but I’d take the monies being suggested as we are currently toothless across our front line. I imagine Lampard will be content.

Thing is we are running out of time to sign anyone. Mad trolley dash hoovering up crap is more likely.

But millions in the bank, and that what important at the end of the day.
Aye, even though they get millions anyway.

I find some players decision making to be baffling. It's good that they have faith in their own ability etc but why choose to sit on a bench if you are lucky.

Not that he has done that of course, but in general.

Why dies Gordon have to sign a new contract all of a sudden?

He's signed up to 2025 as far as I can tell?
Who said he does?

But if everything was true (it's not) then it would make sense that if interest comes in from another club where he can double his wages then the player in question is at the very least going to ask questions about an improved deal at his current club.

id happily sell for 50m but i dont get the way we have to hate everyone who leaves. his end product wasnt all that but nobody worked harder than him last season when others clearly didnt. we're currently not very good and the money could be spent on much better and important players to improves us quicker than if he stayed.
Is that something you think will happen given that we've seen £20M thrown at NcNeil?

Who thought that was a great use of resources? HE is supposed to replace Gordon?

I have no faith in any cash being spent well.

Status
Not open for further replies.