2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richarlison - all that sale did was appease P&L and meant that we had a certain amount we could spend this summer. The most reliable reports I've seen tend to say that's around about £25-30m, which is why the emphasis has been on cheap downpayments.

Gordon's sale pretty much gives us a clear bill P&L wise, meaning we have £50m to spend, because we also have the Kean money coming in this accounting year too. We'd probably be able to spend £80m at least in fees, as long as we were still relatively sensible with initial downpayments. But it would open up a lot of doors.

I've amended my original post.

And honestly, pressing isn't some unique thing and neither is pace. That's much more - in good teams - about actually having a structure in place, at least with the pressing. Pace obviously an individual asset.
In a one paced side like ours his pace really helped.

If we sell him, the deals to replace him need to be lined up simultaneously. Thats not something we've ever succeeded in doing before.

Richarlison - all that sale did was appease P&L and meant that we had a certain amount we could spend this summer. The most reliable reports I've seen tend to say that's around about £25-30m, which is why the emphasis has been on cheap downpayments.

Gordon's sale pretty much gives us a clear bill P&L wise, meaning we have £50m to spend, because we also have the Kean money coming in this accounting year too. We'd probably be able to spend £80m at least in fees, as long as we were still relatively sensible with initial downpayments. But it would open up a lot of doors.
Yes but this is Everton and those doors are part of the Takeshi’s castle maze and we end up face first in slime.

We should keep Gordon and spend 100 mil on a front line to bring out his best qualities

But we can’t

We are a financial mess

If we sell Gordon it will be because money talks and if that’s the case we just have to pray and hope Kevin brings in the right players to help frank achieve his aims

Dear Everyone on GOT now saying he’s not very good,

I give you your votes on a game by game basis over the entire of last season.

You voted for him..,,

we proudly announce that the GrandOldTeam.com Player of the Season for 2021/22 as voted for by the fans throughout the course of the season is Anthony Gordon

* without him last season, Unthinkable
How many games did he actually influence which directly lead to goals and points in that flirt with relegation and how many times was he voted man of the match simply for showing bottle and more running than the rest of the team in the situation we were in? Id bet my hat that he was voted GOT player of the season, received so many MOTM votes and the Players Player accolade, based exclusively on emotion and him showing the same fight every person on here would have shown as Everton Supporters. I probably voted for him myself because he showed the fight we all demanded - not because of game changing performances. The lad does not score or create chances, we need both of those addressing.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.