2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dickinson says sell
images (8).jpeg

Things can look good on paper but we need and out and out goalscorer and those players don't provide that. Midfield and defence are completely irrelevant while we have the least goal threat in the division. That gets a side relegated regardless of defence.

It's not like we have a world class defence either. We just improved it a bit, but still have conceded 2 poor goals to an average Villa side. The idea nothing is getting through our defence is just clearly not true.

If people would stop buzzing over new signings every time we sign someone, then we might get some reality back at this club. People don't even care who we are signing, just that there is a shiny new player to obsess over. How about we judge the recruitment on its merits and how it will help fix our weaknesses rather than getting carried away in July before we've even won a point or scored a goal.
Tim, don't ever tell people you don't like being negative for being negative-sake.

You bathe in it my friend.

You're now saying we improved our defense a little bit?

Haha. Did you see our defense last year? Jesus Christ.

It's been improved by a country mile.

You know what we haven't improved yet, the midfield.

You'll notice a big improvement with Onana and Gana sitting in there.

Because the window isn't over yet.

I'm taking away peoples entitlement to fume and you don't like it.

We know where we're at. We know we wanted to start the season with everything in place.

However, with the nature of the window running into the season and our budget restrictions, it's made it difficult.

Take them at their word. Judge them at the end of the window.

Then you have every right to fume.

No.

I'll judge Moshiri, the board, and the DOF on their actual recruitment and tangible outcomes, not what they say

They deserve zero excuses because any issues we face are due to their own ineptitude.

I really don't think you recognise where we were at. You said you were buzzing with players we signed and we hadn't even kicked a ball. I really don't think you understand our situation.

If people would stop buzzing over new signings every time we sign someone, then we might get some reality back at this club. People don't even care who we are signing, just that there is a shiny new player to obsess over. How about we judge the recruitment on its merits and how it will help fix our weaknesses rather than getting carried away in July before we've even won a point or scored a goal.
Yet everybody seems to be writing off McNeil after two games.

Works both ways.

No.

I'll judge Moshiri, the board, and the DOF on their actual recruitment and tangible outcomes, not what they say

They deserve zero excuses because any issues we face are due to their own ineptitude.

I really don't think you recognise where we were at. You said you were buzzing with players we signed and we hadn't even kicked a ball. I really don't think you understand our situation.
I understand it very clearly and logically.

You're bedwetting, fuming and want to beat the board with a stick.

The board have said to judge them at the end of the window and that they have learned from their mistakes.

All I'm saying is, stop bedwetting and take them at their word.

In two weeks time, you can run rampant.

I understand it very clearly and logically.

You're bedwetting, fuming and want to beat the board with a stick.

The board have said to judge them at the end of the window and that they have learned from their mistakes.

All I'm saying is, stop bedwetting and take them at their word.

Anyone calling people bedwetters after last season really has no actual argument. It's a totally ridiculous label to still be throwing around.

I don't believe the board have learned anything, certainly not enough any way. They've gone 7 weeks without a Richarlison replacement. They've tried to deflect criticism by talking about end of the window even though we have 6 competitive games by then, and it's a shambolic way of doing business in any case.

You said you were buzzing by our business to date. I don't think you understand our situation. I'm sorry, but I don't

Anyone calling people bedwetters after last season really has no actual argument. It's a totally ridiculous label to still be throwing around.

I don't believe the board have learned anything, certainly not enough any way. They've gone 7 weeks without a Richarlison replacement. They've tried to deflect criticism by talking about end of the window even though we have 6 competitive games by then, and it's a shambolic way of doing business in any case.

You said you were buzzing by our business to date. I don't think you understand our situation. I'm sorry, but I don't
Not sure how many times you're going to summarize the same old same old.

We know all of this.

What you don't seem to be grasping is that I've said if we end up with Gibbs White and Terrier, I'd be buzzing.

NOT that I'm buzzing with what we've done as it stands.

Don't twist my words.

Well said mate, my thoughts exactly.

Teams who can’t /don’t score go down and our current players in them positions McNeil Gordon Dele Rondon Gray will not get you goals.

We need 2/3 new attacking players in asap

Would be proper Everton for us to turn down the offer the one time most fans are seemingly happy to sell

We don't really know the terms of the offer in fairness. There was a story yesterday that it was only like 20 odd million up front guaranteed and then a ton of clauses/bonuses. It looked like a crap offer, if true of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.