2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think saying he can do what Havertz does misunderstands how much of a skill movement and finding space in the penalty area is. It's like saying someone can just be Thomas Muller (not that Havertz is as good) because they're more athletic. They actually probably can't.

That's fair.

The issue is with our team, we don't know if people are bad at finding space due to lack of creativity, or lack of ability.

But yes you are right. My argument is certainly not, he can find space better than Havertz because he's more athletic.

Because Gray became not very good
Or did Gray start having to play with players who stepped on his toes, forced him to spend time on the right, didn't present themselves as an option to link up, etc?

I don't think Gray is going to start being amazing all of a sudden, I do think he and Gordon are a bad combo and Gray will be fine again with players who don't clash with him.

Well last season Gray was really good and then Anthony Gordon started getting into the team...

Gray was very good. But I don't think Gordon's introduction impacted that. I think that was good old fashioned mean reversion.

He will be streaky and have good moments, and for 1.7m he has been a good buy, but is not going to be a consistently good player.

Or did Gray start having to play with players who stepped on his toes, forced him to spend time on the right, didn't present themselves as an option to link up, etc?

I don't think Gray is going to start being amazing all of a sudden, I do think he and Gordon are a bad combo and Gray will be fine again with players who don't clash with him.

Gray stayed on the left, Gordon played on the right.

Jesus mate Gray is literally one of the most head down tunneled players I've ever seen. He has zero awareness of anything outside of a metre of him

What are you getting at? That we should be looking to get 100m like grealish and Sancho went for?
Surely your not getting at that?
Grealish went for 100m because he was the best player for villa, captain, had a great season and a great euros on the back of that.
Sancho has been quality for Dortmund including on the champions League ( and very young )Gordon closes down.
Can you see why these are different?
I can see that you want to sell him for two bob.

Can't believe we are giving up free money.

Boooooooooooo

It's like somebody pulling up outside your house and offering you 1 million pounds for your green wheelie bin and you saying "Nar it's ok mate, 1 day it might become a grey wheelie bin"

Utter lunacy.
It could even be a boat

Status
Not open for further replies.