2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what its worth id be milking them for Richarlison money, this new owner isnt bothered one bit & has just spunked £60m on a bog standard LB
Yes he seems very keen to make his mark, get as much as we can 55 million I’d settle for and Broja on loan with an agreed price option to buy at the end of the season.

You tell me. Who is available? Remember those stats are in a season where the club nearly got relegated. Look at McNeills stats last year. Yet we splashed 20m on him.
Nottingham Forest have just signed a player that got relegated - yet somehow managed to bag 10 goals and 6 assists.

We would have signed that very player if we had the funds at the time

Properly can’t get my head why Chelsea would spunk so much money on him myself. CL, title chasing team should be buying a better player.
Hopefully it really is the 'Moshiri effect' coming into play for their new ownership being stupid, trying to make waves.

Similar to Kean, what people call them and what they turn out to be are two different things.
Indeed, his biggest cheerleader so far has been Bobby Brown Shoes….. that alone sets alarm bells ringing for me, sincerely hope they’re unfounded mind (plus Moyes / WHUM interest is slightly more reassuring)

This is developing fast! Agree, seen as we are hampered by FFP, this sale would make sense. Not good to lose him but overall, if we can sign a creative midfielder, wide forward and a striker we are in a much better place.
The next great academy prospect, we shouldn’t have to sell as we’ll be better run going forwards, hopefully !

Liverpool paid £40 for Luis Diaz

I suppose he isn't a patch on Gordon though
Gordon is one of the best young attacking talents in EPL. His quality shone through in a relegation threatened team last season.

He's been outstanding for under 21s and English players come with a premium - Grealish, White, Chilwell etc.

Like a lot on here, you want to sell him for first offer we get. Power move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back