2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Newcastle
If a picture could tell you what a players character is like, just take a look at that number plate. Massive ego writing cheques that his talent can’t cash.

Great deal for the club all round. Dare I say it the club have managed to actually do something right (as far as we know of course)

Now to waste £45m on Burnley’s reserves

So glad they don't buy players based on fan forums, our lot have done their level best to scupper this deal. Don't understand why fans would tell potential buyers how crap a player is. Imagine using this tactic if you were selling your house whilst advertising how crap it is and not worth the 200k you might want to pay for it ? Kev must have been pulling his hair out trying to get this deal done.
Not sure how anyone has done their best to scupper the deal. They aren’t buying him based off what they have read in the media and his reputation, they will be buying him off their own analysis of his play and whether they think he offers them something they need.

Also if anyone was to base anything based off a few hundred people commenting on a forum, or the people on twitter, then they have issues themselves.

I honestly can’t believe the arrogance of the lad. Had his breakthrough season last season, did ok but nothing special. So instead of getting his head down this season and cracking on and cementing a place in the starting 11, he came back from pre season with a daft hairdo, weird clothes, demanding the no.10 shirt then tried to force a move to Chelsea, coming out in interviews saying he wants to go the World Cup and he’s fastest and most skillfull in the squad. Come on, have a bit humility.
He’s nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. His petulance and attitude has let us down this season when we needed him. Made up we’re getting £40m for him. Won’t miss him one bit ?

I still think he could turn out to be decent so he’s worth a gamble for the geordies.

40m is absolutely mental though. He’s not really got anything special in his locker. He’s diabolical in front of goal and he seems to have a massively inflated ego and high opinion of himself.

Be interesting to see what happens with him.

Not sure how anyone has done their best to scupper the deal. They aren’t buying him based off what they have read in the media and his reputation, they will be buying him off their own analysis of his play and whether they think he offers them something they need.

Also if anyone was to ever base anything based off a few hundred people commenting on a forum, or the people on twitter, then they have issues themselves.
And you think fans slagging him off as terrible helps get the best deal? Then based off of your argument fans clearly know frig all about a player if a club wouldn't possibly take what we say seriously. I can assure you clubs do take fan TV and forums much more seriously these days.

And you think fans slagging him off as terrible helps get the best deal? Then based off of your argument fans clearly know frig all about a player if a club wouldn't possibly take what we say seriously. I can assure you clubs do take fan TV and forums much more seriously these days.
Aye, I’m sure Dan Ashworth is scouring this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back