2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

It must be difficult for young lads having to deal with some of our fans. Our players probably expect that they might be liked but then face reality and get roared at and booed at the match and go online and see non stop abuse and the kind of support that sees some grown men screaming at a computer screen, purple in the face with veins bulging out of their forehead shouting "SELL HIM"!

I think AG is great and has been a model pro, worked hard, refused to buckle last season when many of our senior pros had thrown the towel in - young Anthony fought to keep our Everton in the Premier League. The reaction he gets for this must be confusing and disappointing.

I wish we could keep our better players and shift some of our fanbase. Just my opinion but there it is.

If you read this, Anthony, you have my sincerest thanks and I wish you well in the next chapter of your life. UTFT! ?

Think its a horrible deal for the lad himself mate, hes not getting the platform their he will here and he wont develop and he needs to, can see him going the way of Barkley, both could have been cracking players, its a huge pity if it happens.

Think its a horrible deal for the lad himself mate, hes not getting the platform their he will here and he wont develop and he needs to, can see him going to way of Barkley, both could have been cracking players, its a huge pity if it happens.

Same as Richarlison really.

With this new 5 sub rule going to be a lot of players like Richy, Phillips, Gordon etc who will be unhappy in the coming seasons playing the odd game here or there.

Thing is, the contract he's being offered by us is probably relatively in the ball park of what Chelsea is offering.

What leaves me twisted around is he'd rather be absurdly rich at Chelsea than at his boyhood club. I could give two flips about Champions League, if I was insanely wealthy at 21 playing for Everton nothing would have convinced me to leave for a fair bit of time.

Think its a horrible deal for the lad himself mate, hes not getting the platform their he will here and he wont develop and he needs to, can see him going to way of Barkley, both could have been cracking players, its a huge pity if it happens.
Gordon's young enough that if he crashes and burns there, he'll get a quality shot at redemption. It's like taking an assistant professor's position at an Ivy League university. You almost certainly won't get tenure there, but you'll almost certainly get tenure at a university worth working for once you move on.

That switch is a much bigger risk for a footballer when they're at prime age and it's the 'big' contract. If they bust, they're on their way out of football.

Yes mate, the wrong move at the wrong time for him but it seems the a good percentage of our fans want rid of him. I don't blame him for wanting to leave.

Same as Richarlison really.

With this new 5 sub rule going to be a lot of players like Richy, Phillips, Gordon etc who will be unhappy in the coming seasons playing the odd game here or there.

Yes mate, the wrong move at the wrong time for him but it seems the a good percentage of our fans want rid of him. I don't blame him for wanting to leave.

Sad isnt it mate, Richarlison on the bench at Spurs and Gordon likely to do the same.

There are only two ways Gordon plays for Chelsea, as a wingback or hes beating Havertz, Mount, Puilsic, CHO, Barkley or Ziyech to a spot behind Sterling who they are playing at 9. Hes competing with Sterling to if they sign Auba - which they probably will.

Its really a deal that doesn't work for anyone.

Is there a BBC article that says he doesn't want to go or something?

Awks

Not quite

They have ran with quotes from someone at the Unholy Trinity podcast....

It looks like Gordon doesn't want to move - but every player has their price'​

Mike Richards, Unholy Trinity
The last week has been somewhat of a whirlwind for Anthony Gordon, as he appears to be top of a fairly long list of Chelsea transfer targets.
The 21-year-old was integral to Everton's survival last season. However, the current high level of big-money interest has left the club and player in a difficult position.
All indications from the player’s side suggest he doesn’t want to move. Having become a regular in the starting line-up and been given the number 10 shirt, Gordon is highly thought of by the manager.
From the club’s perspective, every player has a price and a potential £50m deal for one who only broke into the side last season will be almost impossible to turn down.
There is always a concern regarding how rumours will impact a player. It was evident on Saturday that any potential move was on the mind of both player and fans, especially as the game wore on. It’s an easy stick to beat Gordon with after a stray pass or mistake.
As fans, it’s our responsibility to understand how this can and clearly has impacted the player. He’s young and only human.
Regardless of the outcome, he’s a player who has epitomised what it means to play for Everton Football Club.

These players who want to be in the champions league might as well just watch on tv at home its more comfortable than watching from the subs bench
Gordon is a decent player but he must be slightly deluded if he thinks he is better than what Chelsea already have in his position
but good luck to him

Status
Not open for further replies.