2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's had the most shots on target in the league so far this season. It took him until January last season for him to reach the same amount (7).

Am I the only one that's sad that Gordon is going? I understand it's alot of money for a player that has potential at this stage only and the money has more use to the club right now and Everton is more important (not that I back our board to use the money wisely)

Maybe it's naivety but I've been waiting for another academy mainstay like Osman etc

Buy ah oh well, the only thing left to say is:

Welcome Miguel Almirón

Am I the only one that's sad that Gordon is going? I understand it's alot of money for a player that has potential at this stage only and the money has more use to the club right now and Everton is more important (not that I back our board to use the money wisely)

Maybe it's naivety but I've been waiting for another academy mainstay like Osman etc

Buy ah oh well, the only thing left to say is:

Welcome Miguel Almirón
Tbh id guess the majority of fans will be disappointed at him leaving, especially if he goes onto develop into a top notch player.
However, theres a bigger picture than romanticising over a player, and IMO the club right now need the money (and hope that we spend it wiser than previous) more than Anthony himself.

He's had the most shots on target in the league so far this season. It took him until January last season for him to reach the same amount (7).
Those starts don't mean much. You can hit a shot with no power right at the keeper when you should really bury it in the corner and it goes down as a shot on target not a p***-poor effort

Gordon's going to get between 8-12 goals this season and heavily influence our attack. Club would be mental to sell this late in the game.

He's nowhere near goos enough to save the club this season on his own. So if we sell and invest cash on multiple forwards we're in a better position.

Chelsea are gambling he's going to turn into a £100m player in next 3 or so years. We can't take that risk so selling at £50m+ is a great deal for me

Status
Not open for further replies.