Confirmed Signing Anwar El Ghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how because we're signing a 6th winger we absolutely do not need suddenly all of our other wingers are now classed as strikers and second strikers despite them having played about 10 games between then in that position.

It absolutely doesn't come across as desperation to defend Benitez' transfer business.
Wingers are our new number 10. And Moshiri himself is the new Steve Walsh. Pathetic really.

He plays right backs on the left, wingers in the middle.

It is astounding we don't actually win football matches with any regularity isn't it

Here's a photo of him working on his teamsheet for Norwich
square-peg-in-a-round-hole-with-hammer-picture-id175218505

….I’m ambivalent to the players worth but I’m very concerned at the suggested part Moshiri could’ve played in this deal.

Even if Benitez hasn’t objected to the acquisition, we could still have this situation of the Manager and Owner having their own targets.

Those who enthused over Brands departure might have prematurely done so as nothing appears to have changed, not least Benitez having total control of the transfer process.

This deal tells me two things, 1) We’re well down our list of transfer targets into the second week of Jan and none of them want to come & 2) We’re fairly skint.

Let’s be honest, we didn’t head into this window saying we must get ElGahzi in, even we’re not convinced a loan without an option.

To be honest, we have been down to the bones already this season, so an extra wide player for cover is not the worst thing.

I would have preferred a CM though.
Oh but wait...if reports are to be believed, Rafael is now open to the idea of letting Allan go, leaving us with even less midfielders. That'll teach the outspoken Doucore for suggesting we put 3 in there...see how you like playing one in the middle!! Who's next to challenge the Rafael-ego?!

….I’m ambivalent to the players worth but I’m very concerned at the suggested part Moshiri could’ve played in this deal.

Even if Benitez hasn’t objected to the acquisition, we could still have this situation of the Manager and Owner having their own targets.

Those who enthused over Brands departure might have prematurely done so as nothing appears to have changed, not least Benitez having total control of the transfer process.
Certainly appears to be the case

It will be interesting to see how this goes, if as some are reporting, Rafael doesnt want him, will he even play? At least its just a loan, cant be too mad at a player being loaned in because the worst case scenario is they do amazing and then we cant afford to sign them because the champions league teams are in for them.

I mean it isn't like Brands prevented that from happening while he was here so that's a moot point isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back