Are refereeing decisions finally balancing out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnjoeefc

Player Valuation: £20m
So a few years ago I think it was the worst season in memory for me with how many decisions went against us. Last season I still felt like it went against us more often than not but better than the season before. But this season I feel like finally it feels balanced.

Off the top of my head I can think of the Liverpool game where it didn't go our way and konate should have gone and same could apply for Forest centre back who should have gone as well for a second yellow last Saturday. But we got away with the Doucoure non penalty on Saturday despite Yates pulling him first It probably was a pen. Also Young probably should have gotten a second yellow against Man Utd when conceding a pen but again i felt Martial went towards Young with his leg so bought it, but on balance it probably was a pen. Have I missed anything from this season?

I would hardly see one incident as a trend in a match that saw the rest of the calls going the other way, including the easy second yellow/red against Felipe. Dont let them distract you by making you feel "lucky" that they didnt make a call ONE TIME that they wouldnt ever make against half the teams in the league.

So a few years ago I think it was the worst season in memory for me with how many decisions went against us. Last season I still felt like it went against us more often than not but better than the season before. But this season I feel like finally it feels balanced.

Off the top of my head I can think of the Liverpool game where it didn't go our way and konate should have gone and same could apply for Forest centre back who should have gone as well for a second yellow last Saturday. But we got away with the Doucoure non penalty on Saturday despite Yates pulling him first It probably was a pen. Also Young probably should have gotten a second yellow against Man Utd when conceding a pen but again i felt Martial went towards Young with his leg so bought it, but on balance it probably was a pen. Have I missed anything from this season?

Young not being sent off is a decision that went against us too

List
A lot was said about Doucoure for that corner, not very much said for their CB not seeing red, or the fact a Forest player handled the ball just before Beto's miss in the first half.
Listened to the times pod today and again brought that up and not the forest defender, went on about how their number 9 was a huge miss and didn’t mention DCL and how it was forests worst performance and they should be beating Everton at home. Only Tony cascarino mentioned DCL and Myko playing well.

Again the narrative is we should just have enough to survive and it’s between us and the 3 that came up, we’d be mid table without the points deduction and thats lost on a lot of so called pundits

List

Listened to the times pod today and again brought that up and not the forest defender, went on about how their number 9 was a huge miss and didn’t mention DCL and how it was forests worst performance and they should be beating Everton at home. Only Tony cascarino mentioned DCL and Myko playing well.

Again the narrative is we should just have enough to survive and it’s between us and the 3 that came up, we’d be mid table without the points deduction and thats lost on a lot of so called pundits

Seeing us down there creates entertainment and did have to laugh at City Spurs match at the end just brilliant refereeing directing keeps it nice and tight at the top, as it should be.

People forget about the decisions against us because they get brushed under the carpet so quickly.

Brentford goal against was shown as offside by VaR then the graphic just disappeared and the ref called it onside. Keane goal opening day, Konate red card.

It’s been slightly better than two seasons ago but it’s a bad state of affairs when we’re getting excited because not as many have gone against us as usual. I want level field fair refereeing.

Pity Young didn’t get a red. We still lost the game and he’d have been out for 3 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.