2023/24 Arnaut Danjuma

He's better than the alternative was my point, he's definitely not a fantastic player or anything. Average at best really.
Maybe but I don’t think it’s that clear. He seems really selfish to me I’m not sure he would have been the right option from the start what we’re really lacking is real pace or guile and he doesn’t offer either of those things he seems like a poor man’s richarlison to me he’s at his best getting in the box but the trade off is he doesn’t give you much in the build up. There’s an argument he could have played or come on earlier but it’s silly to make it seem like it was strange not to because like you say he’s just average.

Maybe but I don’t think it’s that clear. He seems really selfish to me I’m not sure he would have been the right option from the start what we’re really lacking is real pace or guile and he doesn’t offer either of those things he seems like a poor man’s richarlison to me he’s at his best getting in the box but the trade off is he doesn’t give you much in the build up. There’s an argument he could have played or come on earlier but it’s silly to make it seem like it was strange not to because like you say he’s just average.
He kind of is, but he can make a good run and takes people on, which is a lot more than we got from Garner (not cuz he's bad - he's just not a winger, this needs to stop, he's a CM and it's OBVIOUS) and also from Doucoure. The sub was also pretty okay as McNeil was having a bad game but it also came in the 85th minute or something, which was stupid - we have 5 subs to use all game, we don't need to wait forever to use them, especially when it's clearly not working.

I think it's also frustration because Dyche just flat out doesn't want to try things when "plan A" isn't working really - the options are there, even if they're not world beaters, they're still Prem footballers, but the tactics/management of them is just non-existent.

He kind of is, but he can make a good run and takes people on, which is a lot more than we got from Garner (not cuz he's bad - he's just not a winger, this needs to stop, he's a CM and it's OBVIOUS) and also from Doucoure. The sub was also pretty okay as McNeil was having a bad game but it also came in the 85th minute or something, which was stupid - we have 5 subs to use all game, we don't need to wait forever to use them, especially when it's clearly not working.

I think it's also frustration because Dyche just flat out doesn't want to try things when "plan A" isn't working really - the options are there, even if they're not world beaters, they're still Prem footballers, but the tactics/management of them is just non-existent.
I don’t disagree really but I think we do this with every manager we have really we convince ourselves that they’re the thing holding us back and the players will blossom once they’re gone but it never happens and generally the next manager does very similar things and makes similar choices that suggest maybe it’s not that simple in fact the only proper argument against that I can think of is doucoures record under dyche but then people still say he shouldn’t be playing so maybe even that doesn’t count. That’s not defending dyche either he’s not doing a good job I just don’t believe he’s the core problem because these things have been happening for years and there is almost nobody in the squad who is actually good in real terms so you can change things a bit but it’s just swapping one kind of crap for another kind of crap imo.

I don’t disagree really but I think we do this with every manager we have really we convince ourselves that they’re the thing holding us back and the players will blossom once they’re gone but it never happens and generally the next manager does very similar things and makes similar choices that suggest maybe it’s not that simple in fact the only proper argument against that I can think of is doucoures record under dyche but then people still say he shouldn’t be playing so maybe even that doesn’t count. That’s not defending dyche either he’s not doing a good job I just don’t believe he’s the core problem because these things have been happening for years and there is almost nobody in the squad who is actually good in real terms so you can change things a bit but it’s just swapping one kind of crap for another kind of crap imo.
Well Dyche came in as a "practical" approach kind of guy, but turned out he's playing favourites who are all atrocious in all the important games and is in fact a 1-trick pony.

He has gotten the best out of Doucoure but to the detriment of attack buildup as Doucs is just horrendous with his feet. Ancelotti used him as a ball winner/water carrier that just recycled possession and pressed relentlessly for a reason, and now, for the same reason, we're shoehorning him as a second striker. lol

Sure, he has scored, amazing, he gets himself in good positions all the time... but he also misses simple passes/headers/everything, can't offer a good out or through ball and hasn't spotted a pass or played a decent through ball in 3 years. We can't rely on him having his scoring boots on every game, as he just doesn't, and when he's not offering a 1-shot-1-goal a game he's absolutely doing nothing, like today.

Danjuma is/could be similar, true, but he can pass AND shoot, and if we don't want to hoof (we're already first in hoofs and crosses in the Prem btw) - we have to have someone who can do those things.

I get it, they all have favourites, it's how managers work, sure, but it was the same with Keane - he had to make inexcusable mistakes for Branthwaite to start, and Dyche just couldn't defend him more.

Same setup to play as Brentford or Villa and we're walking away with a win here.

He barely managed to control a ball in the 10 minutes he was on and now we’re making out like he’s messi because he didn’t start. Dyche isn’t a very good manager but the options he has aren’t great either both things can be true.
I mean nobody is doing that at all. He's just an attacking option that might have been used to try and beat the worst team to join the league since Derby.

Right now he's been very underwhelming. A lot of the time it looks like whatever he wants to do he isn't capable of due to a lack of pace or ability.

We tried to sign him and he chose Spurs instead. He was turgid there but did we think 'phew, dodged a bullet there. We'll stay well clear of this one' and look for some youngster with potential elsewhere? No, the Everton way is to buy proven failures for 'big' money/on big contracts (Walcott, Iwobi, Dele, Maupay). 'C'mon. join us son. You're exactly the kind of player we love'

I mean nobody is doing that at all. He's just an attacking option that might have been used to try and beat the worst team to join the league since Derby.
There’s been a lot of comments saying he’s obviously too talented and not enough of a yard dog for dyche when actually he’s looked very ordinary and less talented than Harrison and McNeil.

Unless he has the same Dutch fate like his predecessors at Everton, he should be starting in a no 10 role for me.

AT HOME:

DCL

Mcneil Danjuma Harrison

Garner Gueye/Onana

Away from home he could take Harrison's place or bench him for Docoure.

Don’t think Dyche rates him
He is not doing enough without the ball...yes going forward he can be quality, but he is a luxury we cant afford right now unless we are chasing the game. I guess he may have an opportunity in midweek and its up to him to take his chance.

I haven't been overly impressed by Danjuma, Harrison or McNeil this season. It's an area I think we really need to be looking to improve. Starting to get some strong performances across the pitch now but our wingers aren't contributing.
I'd excuse McNeil because he's younger and he showed what he can do last year in spells. Harrison and Danjuma have been too hot and cold for me. Good players no doubt and they're useful for the squad but feel like when you compare to McNeil their workrate just isn't there, Danjuma especially. Won't judge Harrison solely on today as it was wet and maybe that had an impact but he seemed really off it.