Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always amuses me seeing the Gibson hate as, for a while, he was practically worshipped by most people on here

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/darron-gibson.47274/

Someone even said he was one of the best CM's in the League at one point

Just shows how things change over time I guess
You're surely joking. I say that because Gibson has hardly played in 2 years, so you must realise that opinions of him are very likely to have changed in the meantime?

I always amuses me seeing the Gibson hate as, for a while, he was practically worshipped by most people on here

The Darren Gibson that joined our football club would be a welcome addition to our squad at present. Sadly injuries and lifestyle choices have made this improbable. Could well see him signing for the likes of hull, wolves before the end of the window.

....he was an imperious type when he came and our record with him in the team reflected his impact. His record on and off the pitch in the last two years, however, are bound to have changed some opinions. I think he was fortunate his contract was renewed because he doesn't provide value for money. I also think the timing was fortunate for him as the club had to make a decision during transition to new ownership. He's still a good footballer but I'd be surprised if he features much going forward.

....he was an imperious type when he came and our record with him in the team reflected his impact. His record on and off the pitch in the last two years, however, are bound to have changed some opinions. I think he was fortunate his contract was renewed because he doesn't provide value for money. I also think the timing was fortunate for him as the club had to make a decision during transition to new ownership. He's still a good footballer but I'd be surprised if he features much going forward.
You are right, Gibson is a good footballer as he possesses talents which do not go away. But attitude and aptitude and application do.
Would the offer of a new contract have been done to ensure we received a fee for him if he leaves, rather than go on a 'free'?
if it was, then it was good business sense, because he can do a job at another club, but I doubt a Premier one

You are right, Gibson is a good footballer as he possesses talents which do not go away. But attitude and aptitude and application do.
Would the offer of a new contract have been done to ensure we received a fee for him if he leaves, rather than go on a 'free'?
if it was, then it was good business sense, because he can do a job at another club, but I doubt a Premier one

...the gamble with that strategy is that we pay £m in salary for the next 3 seasons on a player who doesn't want to move. He didn't cost much so we could've cut our losses. Saying that, he might turn out to be a key player for RK but I have my doubts.

Erm, why are we discussing Darron Gibson on the Arouna Kone thread? Have i missed something?

Two pieces of RM deadwood that need to be moved on. Regarding both players it is not good enough to say they could do a job. Could should not be the word, it has to more positive in effect are doing a good job not keeping the medical bench warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back