• Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Votes: 25 7.5%
  • Cenk Tosun

Votes: 20 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least Koeman would have changed the system after the first 10 mins seeing that it was not working. Allardyce did nothing until half time 4-0 down. That was something I admired about Koeman
That's what I just said to my missus. If he changed it after 10 mins when he realised it was a car crash, we would have only been 1 or 2 down and still able to come back from it.

Colossal mistake to play 5 at the back and an even bigger one to run with it until half time. He probably never even worked on it in training.

He said he watched how Swansea performed against them and tried to replicate that. Can't make it up.

I wasn't even mad at the result, I laughed when my mate said it was 4 at half time, killed a few minutes near the end of my shift. 3rd time we've conceded 5 this season and two of them have been Arsenal

The defender doesn't even stick a leg out, Lewin steps back into the defender and puts his leg into the defender's legs and falls over, Lewin knows what he's doing.

If you get a chance watch the replay a few times.
No the defender doesn't even stick a leg out, he just pushes DCL in the back and helps him fall forward. If it happens anywhere else on the pitch the ref gives a free kick. I'm sure DCL knows what he's doing, but it all depends on whether the referee considers it a "soft" free kick or not. Outside the penalty area 9 times out of 10 he will give a free kick. So this time no penalty, but if one had been given it might have made up for Arsenal's 4th goal which should have been disallowed for Offside - even Savage saw that!

The only positive for today was the fact we were playing away, and I was at home. Couldn’t be bothered walking back from Goodison after that, I could just turn iPad on and the games forgotten for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back